‘Charities Report’ now available
JACKSON — Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, along with Mark McCrary, executive director of the Mississippi Center for Nonprofits, have kicked off the Secretary of State’s “Check your Charities” campaign by releasing the “2009 Charities Report.”
“With the holiday season right around the corner, Mississippians will begin to remember those who are less fortunate,” said Hosemann. “Mississippians are some of the most generous in the nation, and we want to make sure that generosity is not taken advantage of.”
The “2009 Charities Report” details financial information for every registered charity in the State. Not only can Mississippians make sure their hard earned dollars are well spent in their donations, but they can also ensure the charity is actually registered to solicit funds in the State.
The 2009 Charities Report is available online at www.sos.ms.gov.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
3 Responses to “‘Charities Report’ now available”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders