Entergy bills could fall 11 percent
JACKSON — Customers of Entergy Mississippi Inc. will likely soon see electric bills drop again, this time some 11 percent from January through March as compared to the same period in 2009.
The company has submitted its routine quarterly fuel adjustment to the staff of the Mississippi Public Service Commission (MPSC). If approved, customers’ bills will be the lowest they have been in more than six years.
The submittal shows typical residential customers using 1,000 kilowatt hours per month will pay about $79.46 beginning Jan. 1. Typical monthly residential bills for the first quarter of 2009 were $89.32, a difference of nearly $10.
Bills have dropped even more from summer 2008 when skyrocketing natural gas prices caused a 28 percent hike. In fact, the typical customer’s bill is 40 percent less than in July and Aug. 2008 when the same amount of electricity cost nearly $133.
Falling natural gas prices is the main reason.
“We’re pleased that our customers will benefit from lower natural gas prices,” said Haley Fisackerly, president and CEO of Entergy Mississippi. “We’re also fortunate to be able to pass along decreases when the approaching holidays and current economy are causing challenges for many of our customers.”
The MPSC and the Mississippi Public Utilities Staff have 45 days before the start of the affected quarter to review the fuel adjustment submittal and make any changes.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Entergy bills could fall 11 percent”
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Digital Editions - magazines