Levi Strauss, union work out new contract
Published: November 18,2009
CANTON — Distribution workers at Levi Strauss & Co. facilities in the United States and Canada have approved a new North America-wide contract with the company. More than 1,250 workers will be covered by the new contract.
The workers, members of the labor union Workers United, are employed at distribution centers in Canton as well as Hebron, Ky., Henderson, Nev., and Rexdale, Ontario, Canada. They voted in favor of a three-year contract that provides for wage increases, defined benefit pensions and health insurance.
“We’re pleased that our employees overwhelmingly supported an agreement that will keep good-paying jobs in our distribution facilities for the foreseeable future,” said Robert Hanson, President Levi Strauss Americas. “This endorsement of the new contract by our employees reflects the strong, long-term partnership between Levi Strauss & Co. and Workers United.”
“Our vision of a partnership – a collaboration – has led us to this moment,” said Andy Kennedy, a worker at the Canton facility and president of Workers United Local 2550.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter