Levi Strauss, union work out new contract
Published: November 18,2009
CANTON — Distribution workers at Levi Strauss & Co. facilities in the United States and Canada have approved a new North America-wide contract with the company. More than 1,250 workers will be covered by the new contract.
The workers, members of the labor union Workers United, are employed at distribution centers in Canton as well as Hebron, Ky., Henderson, Nev., and Rexdale, Ontario, Canada. They voted in favor of a three-year contract that provides for wage increases, defined benefit pensions and health insurance.
“We’re pleased that our employees overwhelmingly supported an agreement that will keep good-paying jobs in our distribution facilities for the foreseeable future,” said Robert Hanson, President Levi Strauss Americas. “This endorsement of the new contract by our employees reflects the strong, long-term partnership between Levi Strauss & Co. and Workers United.”
“Our vision of a partnership – a collaboration – has led us to this moment,” said Andy Kennedy, a worker at the Canton facility and president of Workers United Local 2550.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau