TVA releases reliability report
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) reports that for the 10th consecutive year, it has provided power 99.999 percent of the time to its customers in the Tennessee Valley.
The reliability figure is TVA’s measurement of the magnitude and duration of power outages that affect local power distributors and the industries served by TVA across the Valley over a 12-month period that ended Oct 1.
The performance record can be attributed, in part, to TVA’s $1.1-billion investment in its transmission system since 2000, according to TVA vice president of transmission and reliability Bob Dalrymple.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history