TVA releases reliability report
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) reports that for the 10th consecutive year, it has provided power 99.999 percent of the time to its customers in the Tennessee Valley.
The reliability figure is TVA’s measurement of the magnitude and duration of power outages that affect local power distributors and the industries served by TVA across the Valley over a 12-month period that ended Oct 1.
The performance record can be attributed, in part, to TVA’s $1.1-billion investment in its transmission system since 2000, according to TVA vice president of transmission and reliability Bob Dalrymple.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training