TVA releases reliability report
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) reports that for the 10th consecutive year, it has provided power 99.999 percent of the time to its customers in the Tennessee Valley.
The reliability figure is TVA’s measurement of the magnitude and duration of power outages that affect local power distributors and the industries served by TVA across the Valley over a 12-month period that ended Oct 1.
The performance record can be attributed, in part, to TVA’s $1.1-billion investment in its transmission system since 2000, according to TVA vice president of transmission and reliability Bob Dalrymple.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange