TVA releases reliability report
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) reports that for the 10th consecutive year, it has provided power 99.999 percent of the time to its customers in the Tennessee Valley.
The reliability figure is TVA’s measurement of the magnitude and duration of power outages that affect local power distributors and the industries served by TVA across the Valley over a 12-month period that ended Oct 1.
The performance record can be attributed, in part, to TVA’s $1.1-billion investment in its transmission system since 2000, according to TVA vice president of transmission and reliability Bob Dalrymple.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits