TVA releases reliability report
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) reports that for the 10th consecutive year, it has provided power 99.999 percent of the time to its customers in the Tennessee Valley.
The reliability figure is TVA’s measurement of the magnitude and duration of power outages that affect local power distributors and the industries served by TVA across the Valley over a 12-month period that ended Oct 1.
The performance record can be attributed, in part, to TVA’s $1.1-billion investment in its transmission system since 2000, according to TVA vice president of transmission and reliability Bob Dalrymple.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports