Severstal re-fires Ohio plant
COLUMBUS — The Yorkville, Ohio, cold rolling mill of Severstal Wheeling Inc. will resume operations Dec. 13 to provide additional cold rolling capacity to Severstal North America.
Yorkville, idled since June 2009, will finish sheet steel made at Severstal Sparrows Point for delivery to customers and Severstal Wheeling’s Martins Ferry coating operation. The company said the return to operation of the mill will better balance supply and finishing capabilities within Severstal North America and reflects increasing demand for cold rolled and coated products.
The number of employees to be recalled will vary with production demands.
Severstal North America’s operations include the electric arc furnace operation in East Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Severstal re-fires Ohio plant”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love