Severstal re-fires Ohio plant
by Wally Northway
Published: November 20,2009
COLUMBUS — The Yorkville, Ohio, cold rolling mill of Severstal Wheeling Inc. will resume operations Dec. 13 to provide additional cold rolling capacity to Severstal North America.
Yorkville, idled since June 2009, will finish sheet steel made at Severstal Sparrows Point for delivery to customers and Severstal Wheeling’s Martins Ferry coating operation. The company said the return to operation of the mill will better balance supply and finishing capabilities within Severstal North America and reflects increasing demand for cold rolled and coated products.
The number of employees to be recalled will vary with production demands.
Severstal North America’s operations include the electric arc furnace operation in East Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Severstal re-fires Ohio plant”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability