Severstal re-fires Ohio plant
COLUMBUS — The Yorkville, Ohio, cold rolling mill of Severstal Wheeling Inc. will resume operations Dec. 13 to provide additional cold rolling capacity to Severstal North America.
Yorkville, idled since June 2009, will finish sheet steel made at Severstal Sparrows Point for delivery to customers and Severstal Wheeling’s Martins Ferry coating operation. The company said the return to operation of the mill will better balance supply and finishing capabilities within Severstal North America and reflects increasing demand for cold rolled and coated products.
The number of employees to be recalled will vary with production demands.
Severstal North America’s operations include the electric arc furnace operation in East Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Severstal re-fires Ohio plant”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager