Severstal re-fires Ohio plant
COLUMBUS — The Yorkville, Ohio, cold rolling mill of Severstal Wheeling Inc. will resume operations Dec. 13 to provide additional cold rolling capacity to Severstal North America.
Yorkville, idled since June 2009, will finish sheet steel made at Severstal Sparrows Point for delivery to customers and Severstal Wheeling’s Martins Ferry coating operation. The company said the return to operation of the mill will better balance supply and finishing capabilities within Severstal North America and reflects increasing demand for cold rolled and coated products.
The number of employees to be recalled will vary with production demands.
Severstal North America’s operations include the electric arc furnace operation in East Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Severstal re-fires Ohio plant”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state