Severstal re-fires Ohio plant
COLUMBUS — The Yorkville, Ohio, cold rolling mill of Severstal Wheeling Inc. will resume operations Dec. 13 to provide additional cold rolling capacity to Severstal North America.
Yorkville, idled since June 2009, will finish sheet steel made at Severstal Sparrows Point for delivery to customers and Severstal Wheeling’s Martins Ferry coating operation. The company said the return to operation of the mill will better balance supply and finishing capabilities within Severstal North America and reflects increasing demand for cold rolled and coated products.
The number of employees to be recalled will vary with production demands.
Severstal North America’s operations include the electric arc furnace operation in East Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Severstal re-fires Ohio plant”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015