Adams appointed to NBIA board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 23,2009
DeAnna Adams, director of the Mississippi e-Business Innovation Center, has been appointed to the board of directors of the National Business Incubation Association to serve out the unexpired term of a board member who retired. Adams’ term begins this month and continues until Oct. 2010.
Adams became director of the Mississippi e-Business Innovation Center in Dec. 2003, after being hired in April 2003 as the assistant to the director. At that time, the incubation program and facility were still under development; Adams oversaw the build out of the 30,000-square-foot facility. During her tenure, clients and graduates of the incubation program have created more than 500 jobs and reported nearly $49 million in payroll.
An NBIA member since 2004, Adams has moderated sessions at NBIA conferences, served as a judge for the association’s awards program, participated in NBIA’s Summit for Advanced Incubation Professionals and attended every NBIA training event since she joined. In 2008, she was selected as one of Mississippi’s 50 Leading Business Women.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62