Adams appointed to NBIA board
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 23,2009
DeAnna Adams, director of the Mississippi e-Business Innovation Center, has been appointed to the board of directors of the National Business Incubation Association to serve out the unexpired term of a board member who retired. Adams’ term begins this month and continues until Oct. 2010.
Adams became director of the Mississippi e-Business Innovation Center in Dec. 2003, after being hired in April 2003 as the assistant to the director. At that time, the incubation program and facility were still under development; Adams oversaw the build out of the 30,000-square-foot facility. During her tenure, clients and graduates of the incubation program have created more than 500 jobs and reported nearly $49 million in payroll.
An NBIA member since 2004, Adams has moderated sessions at NBIA conferences, served as a judge for the association’s awards program, participated in NBIA’s Summit for Advanced Incubation Professionals and attended every NBIA training event since she joined. In 2008, she was selected as one of Mississippi’s 50 Leading Business Women.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015