DSU alumni honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 23,2009
Delta State University’s Alumni Association recognized this year’s service award winners, (seated, from left) Sylvia Ferguson, Dot Franklin, (standing, from left) John Polk, Bob Ferguson and Rob Armour.
Bob and Sylvia Ferguson of Iuka, are the recipients of the 2009 Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni Service Award. The Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni Service Award is named for Hugh Ellis Walker who served as the director of the Delta State Alumni/Foundation for 24 years.
John Polk of Magee, is the 2009 Gladys Castle “Friend of Delta State” Service Award recipient. The Gladys Castle “Friend of Delta State” Service Award is name for Gladys Castle, a 46-year employee of Delta State who served as the first alumni secretary.
Dot Franklin of Cleveland, received the 2009 Legacy Award for Delta State. The Legacy Award is presented to a Delta State alumnus who made an institutional changing contribution.
Rob Armour of Madison, a 1995 graduate of Delta State is the recipient of the 2009 Kent Wyatt “Young Alumnus” Service Award. The Kent Wyatt “Young Alumnus” Service Award, named for former university president Kent Wyatt, is presented to an alumnus 35 years of age or younger who has given outstanding service to Delta State.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk