DSU alumni honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 23,2009
Delta State University’s Alumni Association recognized this year’s service award winners, (seated, from left) Sylvia Ferguson, Dot Franklin, (standing, from left) John Polk, Bob Ferguson and Rob Armour.
Bob and Sylvia Ferguson of Iuka, are the recipients of the 2009 Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni Service Award. The Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni Service Award is named for Hugh Ellis Walker who served as the director of the Delta State Alumni/Foundation for 24 years.
John Polk of Magee, is the 2009 Gladys Castle “Friend of Delta State” Service Award recipient. The Gladys Castle “Friend of Delta State” Service Award is name for Gladys Castle, a 46-year employee of Delta State who served as the first alumni secretary.
Dot Franklin of Cleveland, received the 2009 Legacy Award for Delta State. The Legacy Award is presented to a Delta State alumnus who made an institutional changing contribution.
Rob Armour of Madison, a 1995 graduate of Delta State is the recipient of the 2009 Kent Wyatt “Young Alumnus” Service Award. The Kent Wyatt “Young Alumnus” Service Award, named for former university president Kent Wyatt, is presented to an alumnus 35 years of age or younger who has given outstanding service to Delta State.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November