DSU alumni honored for service
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 23,2009
Delta State University’s Alumni Association recognized this year’s service award winners, (seated, from left) Sylvia Ferguson, Dot Franklin, (standing, from left) John Polk, Bob Ferguson and Rob Armour.
Bob and Sylvia Ferguson of Iuka, are the recipients of the 2009 Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni Service Award. The Hugh Ellis Walker Alumni Service Award is named for Hugh Ellis Walker who served as the director of the Delta State Alumni/Foundation for 24 years.
John Polk of Magee, is the 2009 Gladys Castle “Friend of Delta State” Service Award recipient. The Gladys Castle “Friend of Delta State” Service Award is name for Gladys Castle, a 46-year employee of Delta State who served as the first alumni secretary.
Dot Franklin of Cleveland, received the 2009 Legacy Award for Delta State. The Legacy Award is presented to a Delta State alumnus who made an institutional changing contribution.
Rob Armour of Madison, a 1995 graduate of Delta State is the recipient of the 2009 Kent Wyatt “Young Alumnus” Service Award. The Kent Wyatt “Young Alumnus” Service Award, named for former university president Kent Wyatt, is presented to an alumnus 35 years of age or younger who has given outstanding service to Delta State.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur