DSU inducts three in Hall of Fame
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 23,2009
The 2009 Delta State University Alumni Hall of Fame inductees are (from left), Billy B. Nowell of Cleveland, Donald L. Green of Clarksdale and Karen Sullivan of Brookhaven, accepting the award presented posthumously to Doug Sullivan. The three Delta State alumni were inducted Nov. 6 at the annual Delta State Alumni Service Awards Luncheon held in the State Room of the H.L. Nowell Union on the campus.
Billy B. Nowell, of Cleveland, received his bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State in 1972. He served from 2001-2009 as a City Alderman and currently serves as mayor of the City of Cleveland. Nowell was also recognized as Delta State University Alumnus of the Year.
Donald Green received his bachelor’s degree in business administration in accounting at Delta State in 1980. His leadership experience consist of Associate Commissioner, Mississippi State Tax Commission; Mississippi Delta Council, Executive Director; and owner of Delta Accounting Services.
Marvin Douglas Sullivan (1937-2007), of Brookhaven, was the president of his class at Delta State. Sullivan coached at Grenada High School, Noxapater High School and Eupora High School, He was mayor of Brookhaven from 1993-1997.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “DSU inducts three in Hall of Fame”
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center