DSU inducts three in Hall of Fame
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 23,2009
The 2009 Delta State University Alumni Hall of Fame inductees are (from left), Billy B. Nowell of Cleveland, Donald L. Green of Clarksdale and Karen Sullivan of Brookhaven, accepting the award presented posthumously to Doug Sullivan. The three Delta State alumni were inducted Nov. 6 at the annual Delta State Alumni Service Awards Luncheon held in the State Room of the H.L. Nowell Union on the campus.
Billy B. Nowell, of Cleveland, received his bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State in 1972. He served from 2001-2009 as a City Alderman and currently serves as mayor of the City of Cleveland. Nowell was also recognized as Delta State University Alumnus of the Year.
Donald Green received his bachelor’s degree in business administration in accounting at Delta State in 1980. His leadership experience consist of Associate Commissioner, Mississippi State Tax Commission; Mississippi Delta Council, Executive Director; and owner of Delta Accounting Services.
Marvin Douglas Sullivan (1937-2007), of Brookhaven, was the president of his class at Delta State. Sullivan coached at Grenada High School, Noxapater High School and Eupora High School, He was mayor of Brookhaven from 1993-1997.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “DSU inducts three in Hall of Fame”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects