Keeping Our Eye On: Sarah Liles
Hometown: Jackson, Tenn
Education: J.D. (Mississippi College School of Law), B.A. in political science (Mississippi State University)
Current Position: Staff Attorney at YoungWilliams Child Support Services
Jackson, Tenn., native Sarah Katherine Liles moved to Jackson, Miss., in 2006 to attend law school at Mississippi College after graduating summa cum laude from Mississippi State University. During her third year, she interned and was later hired as a law clerk under Chancellors Denise Owens and Patricia Wise in the Hinds County Chancery Court.
“Working at court was always entertaining and my favorite day at work was being sworn in by Judge Wise in front of my family and the court staff. There was hardly a dry eye in the courtroom,” Liles says. Among other responsibilities, Liles had the opportunity to present research in Jim Hood v. Microsoft Inc.
While at MSU, Liles was vice-president of the Delta Gamma Sorority, was an MSU Roadrunner and Bulldog athletic recruiter and was active in the Pi Sigma Alpha and Phi Kappa Phi honor societies. At MC, she was on the Dean’s List, received the school’s Pro Bono Award and was a member of the Christian Legal Society.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: The people. Southern hospitality is not really a secret, but to have the first-hand experience of how nice and giving the people here are truly is wonderful.
Must-have Mississippi food: Primos Cheese Grits
Favorite hangout: The Auditorium, Jackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Keeping Our Eye On: Sarah Liles”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program