Keeping Our Eye On: Sarah Liles
Hometown: Jackson, Tenn
Education: J.D. (Mississippi College School of Law), B.A. in political science (Mississippi State University)
Current Position: Staff Attorney at YoungWilliams Child Support Services
Jackson, Tenn., native Sarah Katherine Liles moved to Jackson, Miss., in 2006 to attend law school at Mississippi College after graduating summa cum laude from Mississippi State University. During her third year, she interned and was later hired as a law clerk under Chancellors Denise Owens and Patricia Wise in the Hinds County Chancery Court.
“Working at court was always entertaining and my favorite day at work was being sworn in by Judge Wise in front of my family and the court staff. There was hardly a dry eye in the courtroom,” Liles says. Among other responsibilities, Liles had the opportunity to present research in Jim Hood v. Microsoft Inc.
While at MSU, Liles was vice-president of the Delta Gamma Sorority, was an MSU Roadrunner and Bulldog athletic recruiter and was active in the Pi Sigma Alpha and Phi Kappa Phi honor societies. At MC, she was on the Dean’s List, received the school’s Pro Bono Award and was a member of the Christian Legal Society.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: The people. Southern hospitality is not really a secret, but to have the first-hand experience of how nice and giving the people here are truly is wonderful.
Must-have Mississippi food: Primos Cheese Grits
Favorite hangout: The Auditorium, Jackson
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Keeping Our Eye On: Sarah Liles”
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House