Builders association recognizes contributions
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Tags: 2009 Associate Member of the Year, 2009 Big Spike of the Year, 2009 Builder Member of the Year, Atmos Energy, Gary N. Smith, Home Builders Association of Jackson, Marsha Barber, Northtowne Builders, Scott Shoemaker, Shoemaker Homes
The Home Builders Association of Jackson recently awarded its top three members for outstanding achievement. Gary N. Smith of Northtowne Builders was awarded the 2009 Builder Member of the Year because of his outstanding achievements in serving the home building industry. Smith made significant contributions in bringing green education, promotion and partnerships within HBAJ and other industries. He is currently serving on the HBAJ board of directors and serves on the board of the Mississippi Housing Institute, HBAJ’s Sales & Marketing Council as well as chair for HBAJ’s Green Building Committee.
Marsha Barber, Atmos Energy, was awarded the 2009 Associate Member of the Year as she was instrumental in her active participation of HBAJ committees including Associates Committee, Membership Committee, Parade of Homes Committee, Green Building Committee and Extravaganza Committee and others.
Scott Shoemaker, Shoemaker Homes, was awarded the 2009 Big Spike of the Year. Shoemaker successfully recruited the most new and renewed members for the year. He is also a two-time Spike Award Winner and 2009 president of the Home Builders Association of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals