Carey educators promoted, honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
William Carey University (WCU) chair of the department and interim dean of education Dr. Barry Morris has been appointed Dean of the School of Education. Before coming to Carey in 2004, Morris was on the faculty of the University of South Florida, his alma mater for his Ph.D. degree. Morris earned a bachelor of art degree at Mobile University and a master of science degree at the University of Southern Mississippi.
In a separate item, Phyllis Armstrong, WCU instructor in education, received the highest honor for a classroom teacher by being recognized by the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards. Armstrong’s performance as a teacher met the standard for renewal of her National Board Certification. Armstrong earned both undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and a previous National Board Certification in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds