Carey educators promoted, honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
William Carey University (WCU) chair of the department and interim dean of education Dr. Barry Morris has been appointed Dean of the School of Education. Before coming to Carey in 2004, Morris was on the faculty of the University of South Florida, his alma mater for his Ph.D. degree. Morris earned a bachelor of art degree at Mobile University and a master of science degree at the University of Southern Mississippi.
In a separate item, Phyllis Armstrong, WCU instructor in education, received the highest honor for a classroom teacher by being recognized by the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards. Armstrong’s performance as a teacher met the standard for renewal of her National Board Certification. Armstrong earned both undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and a previous National Board Certification in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody