Carey educators promoted, honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
William Carey University (WCU) chair of the department and interim dean of education Dr. Barry Morris has been appointed Dean of the School of Education. Before coming to Carey in 2004, Morris was on the faculty of the University of South Florida, his alma mater for his Ph.D. degree. Morris earned a bachelor of art degree at Mobile University and a master of science degree at the University of Southern Mississippi.
In a separate item, Phyllis Armstrong, WCU instructor in education, received the highest honor for a classroom teacher by being recognized by the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards. Armstrong’s performance as a teacher met the standard for renewal of her National Board Certification. Armstrong earned both undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and a previous National Board Certification in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics