Carey educators promoted, honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
William Carey University (WCU) chair of the department and interim dean of education Dr. Barry Morris has been appointed Dean of the School of Education. Before coming to Carey in 2004, Morris was on the faculty of the University of South Florida, his alma mater for his Ph.D. degree. Morris earned a bachelor of art degree at Mobile University and a master of science degree at the University of Southern Mississippi.
In a separate item, Phyllis Armstrong, WCU instructor in education, received the highest honor for a classroom teacher by being recognized by the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards. Armstrong’s performance as a teacher met the standard for renewal of her National Board Certification. Armstrong earned both undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and a previous National Board Certification in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey