Carey educators promoted, honored
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
William Carey University (WCU) chair of the department and interim dean of education Dr. Barry Morris has been appointed Dean of the School of Education. Before coming to Carey in 2004, Morris was on the faculty of the University of South Florida, his alma mater for his Ph.D. degree. Morris earned a bachelor of art degree at Mobile University and a master of science degree at the University of Southern Mississippi.
In a separate item, Phyllis Armstrong, WCU instructor in education, received the highest honor for a classroom teacher by being recognized by the National Board of Professional Teaching Standards. Armstrong’s performance as a teacher met the standard for renewal of her National Board Certification. Armstrong earned both undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi and a previous National Board Certification in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran