Gingrich coming to Millsaps
by Wally Northway
Published: November 30,2009
JACKSON — Former U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich will visit Millsaps College Dec. 3 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for an open town hall meeting on “Jobs and Prosperity in the U.S.”
Gingrich will be introduced by Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant.
The free event is open to the public and will take place in the Gertrude C. Ford Academic Complex Recital Hall. Seating is limited but tickets can be reserved by calling (601) 974-1130. All tickets must be picked up by 4:30 p.m. Dec. 2. Doors will open for the town hall at 3 p.m. Dec. 3. An overflow room will be available for additional seating and viewing through closed circuit television.
Gingrich joins a long list of national and world political leaders to visit Millsaps College including: John Stennis (1955), Richard Nixon (1966), Robert Kennedy (1967), Robert S. McNamara (1967), Strom Thurmond (1968), Jimmy Carter (1975), George H.W. Bush (1983), Margaret Thatcher (2000) and Chelsea Clinton (2008).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- The link between education and economic development