Gingrich coming to Millsaps
Published: November 30,2009
JACKSON — Former U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich will visit Millsaps College Dec. 3 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for an open town hall meeting on “Jobs and Prosperity in the U.S.”
Gingrich will be introduced by Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant.
The free event is open to the public and will take place in the Gertrude C. Ford Academic Complex Recital Hall. Seating is limited but tickets can be reserved by calling (601) 974-1130. All tickets must be picked up by 4:30 p.m. Dec. 2. Doors will open for the town hall at 3 p.m. Dec. 3. An overflow room will be available for additional seating and viewing through closed circuit television.
Gingrich joins a long list of national and world political leaders to visit Millsaps College including: John Stennis (1955), Richard Nixon (1966), Robert Kennedy (1967), Robert S. McNamara (1967), Strom Thurmond (1968), Jimmy Carter (1975), George H.W. Bush (1983), Margaret Thatcher (2000) and Chelsea Clinton (2008).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts