Gingrich coming to Millsaps
Published: November 30,2009
JACKSON — Former U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich will visit Millsaps College Dec. 3 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for an open town hall meeting on “Jobs and Prosperity in the U.S.”
Gingrich will be introduced by Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant.
The free event is open to the public and will take place in the Gertrude C. Ford Academic Complex Recital Hall. Seating is limited but tickets can be reserved by calling (601) 974-1130. All tickets must be picked up by 4:30 p.m. Dec. 2. Doors will open for the town hall at 3 p.m. Dec. 3. An overflow room will be available for additional seating and viewing through closed circuit television.
Gingrich joins a long list of national and world political leaders to visit Millsaps College including: John Stennis (1955), Richard Nixon (1966), Robert Kennedy (1967), Robert S. McNamara (1967), Strom Thurmond (1968), Jimmy Carter (1975), George H.W. Bush (1983), Margaret Thatcher (2000) and Chelsea Clinton (2008).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money