Gingrich coming to Millsaps
Published: November 30,2009
JACKSON — Former U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich will visit Millsaps College Dec. 3 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for an open town hall meeting on “Jobs and Prosperity in the U.S.”
Gingrich will be introduced by Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant.
The free event is open to the public and will take place in the Gertrude C. Ford Academic Complex Recital Hall. Seating is limited but tickets can be reserved by calling (601) 974-1130. All tickets must be picked up by 4:30 p.m. Dec. 2. Doors will open for the town hall at 3 p.m. Dec. 3. An overflow room will be available for additional seating and viewing through closed circuit television.
Gingrich joins a long list of national and world political leaders to visit Millsaps College including: John Stennis (1955), Richard Nixon (1966), Robert Kennedy (1967), Robert S. McNamara (1967), Strom Thurmond (1968), Jimmy Carter (1975), George H.W. Bush (1983), Margaret Thatcher (2000) and Chelsea Clinton (2008).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program