Gingrich coming to Millsaps
Published: November 30,2009
JACKSON — Former U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives Newt Gingrich will visit Millsaps College Dec. 3 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. for an open town hall meeting on “Jobs and Prosperity in the U.S.”
Gingrich will be introduced by Lt. Gov. Phil Bryant.
The free event is open to the public and will take place in the Gertrude C. Ford Academic Complex Recital Hall. Seating is limited but tickets can be reserved by calling (601) 974-1130. All tickets must be picked up by 4:30 p.m. Dec. 2. Doors will open for the town hall at 3 p.m. Dec. 3. An overflow room will be available for additional seating and viewing through closed circuit television.
Gingrich joins a long list of national and world political leaders to visit Millsaps College including: John Stennis (1955), Richard Nixon (1966), Robert Kennedy (1967), Robert S. McNamara (1967), Strom Thurmond (1968), Jimmy Carter (1975), George H.W. Bush (1983), Margaret Thatcher (2000) and Chelsea Clinton (2008).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015