Hammons receives Teamwork award
Greenwood businessman Allan Hammons is a 2009 recipient of Entergy Mississippi’s Teamwork Mississippi Community Leadership Award. Hammons is founder and president of Hammons & Associates Inc. advertising agency and has worked in advertising, marketing and graphic design for more than thirty years. He often lends his expertise in marketing, design and management to help promote economic development and to spearhead community-building initiatives.
Throughout his career, Hammons has played a leadership role in cultural enrichment through arts and entertainment-related projects. He helped establish the B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center in Indianola and serves as consultant for the B.B. King Museum Foundation. He is responsible for the design and installation of two additional museums: the Greenville Air Force Base Museum and the Greenville History Museum.
Hammons is president of Main Street Greenwood and a founder and past president of the Greenwood/Leflore/Carroll Economic Development Foundation. He is past founding director of the Mississippi International Balloon Classic and past director of the Greenwood BalloonFest.
“Allan has had a hand in many of the state’s most successful economic development projects and has designed marketing campaigns, materials and Web sites for many organizations, particularly in the Delta,” Kelly said. “He’s worked tirelessly to bring creativity and new opportunities to Mississippi, and he truly embodies the spirit of this award.”
Teamwork Mississippi Community Leadership Awards recognize leaders who have achieved outstanding results in improving the quality of life in their communities.
Teamwork Mississippi, Entergy Mississippi’s economic and community development program, helps prepare communities for growth and development by addressing community readiness, business development, project management, existing industry and marketing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Woman pleads not guilty to murder in second buttocks-enhancement case
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions