Jacobs honored for achievement
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
The American Nuclear Society has presented the Mary Jane Oestmann Professional Women’s Achievement Award to Donna Jacobs, senior vice president for planning, development and oversight, Entergy Nuclear. Jacobs has more than 22 years of experience in the nuclear energy business. Her background includes leadership positions in work control, maintenance, operations, project management and a variety of roles in engineering. Prior to joining Entergy, she was vice president, nuclear services for Pacific Gas and Electric Company in Avila Beach, Calif. She received a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Wichita State University and a master’s of business administration at Emporia State University. She earned her senior reactor operator certification while serving at Wolf Creek Generating Station in Kansas, and has completed the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations senior nuclear plant management course.
In the Jackson area, Jacobs is active in the local community. She serves on the Mississippi Chapter Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation board of directors and received two awards in 2008 – Outstanding Dedication award from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International and the “Golden Sneaker” Award for excellence in fundraising for the Walk To Cure. Jacobs also coaches the Madison Ridgeland Youth Club fast-pitch softball recreation league and Madison Motion All Stars fast-pitch softball team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy