Jacobs honored for achievement
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
The American Nuclear Society has presented the Mary Jane Oestmann Professional Women’s Achievement Award to Donna Jacobs, senior vice president for planning, development and oversight, Entergy Nuclear. Jacobs has more than 22 years of experience in the nuclear energy business. Her background includes leadership positions in work control, maintenance, operations, project management and a variety of roles in engineering. Prior to joining Entergy, she was vice president, nuclear services for Pacific Gas and Electric Company in Avila Beach, Calif. She received a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Wichita State University and a master’s of business administration at Emporia State University. She earned her senior reactor operator certification while serving at Wolf Creek Generating Station in Kansas, and has completed the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations senior nuclear plant management course.
In the Jackson area, Jacobs is active in the local community. She serves on the Mississippi Chapter Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation board of directors and received two awards in 2008 – Outstanding Dedication award from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International and the “Golden Sneaker” Award for excellence in fundraising for the Walk To Cure. Jacobs also coaches the Madison Ridgeland Youth Club fast-pitch softball recreation league and Madison Motion All Stars fast-pitch softball team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force