Jacobs honored for achievement
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
The American Nuclear Society has presented the Mary Jane Oestmann Professional Women’s Achievement Award to Donna Jacobs, senior vice president for planning, development and oversight, Entergy Nuclear. Jacobs has more than 22 years of experience in the nuclear energy business. Her background includes leadership positions in work control, maintenance, operations, project management and a variety of roles in engineering. Prior to joining Entergy, she was vice president, nuclear services for Pacific Gas and Electric Company in Avila Beach, Calif. She received a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Wichita State University and a master’s of business administration at Emporia State University. She earned her senior reactor operator certification while serving at Wolf Creek Generating Station in Kansas, and has completed the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations senior nuclear plant management course.
In the Jackson area, Jacobs is active in the local community. She serves on the Mississippi Chapter Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation board of directors and received two awards in 2008 – Outstanding Dedication award from the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International and the “Golden Sneaker” Award for excellence in fundraising for the Walk To Cure. Jacobs also coaches the Madison Ridgeland Youth Club fast-pitch softball recreation league and Madison Motion All Stars fast-pitch softball team.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block