Keeping Our Eye On: Jeannie Waller
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Education: B.A. English (Mississippi State University), M.A. journalism (University of Mississippi)
Current Position: Director of communications, Mississippi Main Street Association
Jeannie Waller, a seventh-generation Mississippian, has had a hat full of adventures in the Magnolia State since her first day at work – from being serenaded by Elvis in Tupelo to playing steel drums in Bay St. Louis. Her best experience has been the eyewitness perspective her job gives her on revitalization efforts all across the state.
Waller is also a member of the Central Chapter of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM), writes and edits for several online and print publications, and serves as an Asset Development Resource Team Member for the Mississippi Development Authority.
In her spare time, Waller is an active member at First Baptist Church in Jackson where she enjoys mission work and teaching Pilates. She says her passions include “teaching, writing and encouraging people to live life for the glory of the Lord.”
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Our many brilliant, talented and faithful people. This is the best place to live!
Must-have Mississippi food: Fried green tomatoes and comeback dressing
Favorite hangout: Any local bookstore or coffee shop. Square Books in Oxford is my favorite.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force