Keeping Our Eye On: Jeannie Waller
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Education: B.A. English (Mississippi State University), M.A. journalism (University of Mississippi)
Current Position: Director of communications, Mississippi Main Street Association
Jeannie Waller, a seventh-generation Mississippian, has had a hat full of adventures in the Magnolia State since her first day at work – from being serenaded by Elvis in Tupelo to playing steel drums in Bay St. Louis. Her best experience has been the eyewitness perspective her job gives her on revitalization efforts all across the state.
Waller is also a member of the Central Chapter of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM), writes and edits for several online and print publications, and serves as an Asset Development Resource Team Member for the Mississippi Development Authority.
In her spare time, Waller is an active member at First Baptist Church in Jackson where she enjoys mission work and teaching Pilates. She says her passions include “teaching, writing and encouraging people to live life for the glory of the Lord.”
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Our many brilliant, talented and faithful people. This is the best place to live!
Must-have Mississippi food: Fried green tomatoes and comeback dressing
Favorite hangout: Any local bookstore or coffee shop. Square Books in Oxford is my favorite.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job