Keeping Our Eye On: Jeannie Waller
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Education: B.A. English (Mississippi State University), M.A. journalism (University of Mississippi)
Current Position: Director of communications, Mississippi Main Street Association
Jeannie Waller, a seventh-generation Mississippian, has had a hat full of adventures in the Magnolia State since her first day at work – from being serenaded by Elvis in Tupelo to playing steel drums in Bay St. Louis. Her best experience has been the eyewitness perspective her job gives her on revitalization efforts all across the state.
Waller is also a member of the Central Chapter of the Public Relations Association of Mississippi (PRAM), writes and edits for several online and print publications, and serves as an Asset Development Resource Team Member for the Mississippi Development Authority.
In her spare time, Waller is an active member at First Baptist Church in Jackson where she enjoys mission work and teaching Pilates. She says her passions include “teaching, writing and encouraging people to live life for the glory of the Lord.”
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Our many brilliant, talented and faithful people. This is the best place to live!
Must-have Mississippi food: Fried green tomatoes and comeback dressing
Favorite hangout: Any local bookstore or coffee shop. Square Books in Oxford is my favorite.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand