Mississippi Bar board gets new members
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Tags: Ann Bowden-Hollis, Bill Waller Jr., George C. Carlson Jr., James R. Mozingo, Jeff Styres, Jess H. Dickinson, Marjorie T. O'Donnell, Mississippi Board of Bar Admissions, Pieter Teeuwissen, Trey Byars
Ridgeland attorney James R. Mozingo was honored Nov. 12 for 21 years of service on the Mississippi Board of Bar Admissions, including seven years as chairman.
The Board of Bar Admissions elected Jackson City Attorney Pieter Teeuwissen to serve as chair. Teeuwissen had served as vice-chair since Nov. 1, 2005. Justice James E. Graves Jr. first appointed Teeuwissen to the board March 25, 2002.
New members joining the board are attorneys Jeff Styres of Madison and Trey Byars of Oxford. Chief Justice Bill Waller Jr. appointed Styres to the Board at the expiration of Mozingo’s term. Presiding Justice George C. Carlson Jr. appointed Byars to replace Marjorie T. O’Donnell of Oxford.
Justice Jess H. Dickinson reappointed attorney Ann Bowden-Hollis of Ocean Springs to serve a second term.
Mozingo will continue his service to the bar in another capacity. Chief Justice Waller appointed him to the Bar Complaints Tribunal.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62