MSU alumni receive honors
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Mississippi State University is giving special recognition to four of its graduates. Lee D. Miller of Ridgeland, a 1979 transportation graduate now serving as president of Jackson-based Miller Transporters Inc., is a new MSU Alumni Association Fellow in the College of Business. Sponsored and organized by the alumni association for the 20th year, the fellows program brings graduates of distinction back to campus each fall semester to share with students specific competencies, attitudes and efforts required for success. Fellows carry the title for life.
Speaker of the House William J. “Billy” McCoy of Rienzi, a 1964 agriculture and extension education graduate and 29-year veteran of the Mississippi House of Representatives, he is also a new MSU Alumni Association Fellow in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Mary L. Hooper of Meridian, a 1982 education doctoral graduate now serving as chair of Meridian Community College’s Creative Technology Division, she is a new MSU Alumni Association Fellow for MSU’s Meridian Campus.
Edith “Edy” Williams-Rhodes of Hattiesburg, a 1976 forestry graduate, is a new MSU Alumni Association Fellow in the College of Forest Resources. Now a Realtor with Coldwell Banker Don Nance Inc., Williams-Rhodes is the retired chief of the National Park Service’s Division of Fire and Aviation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss