Newell replaces Godwin at ADP
by Wally Northway
Published: November 30,2009
HATTIESBURG — Chad Newell has been named the new president of the Area Development Partnership (ADP), effective Dec. 28. Newell succeeds Dr. Angeline Godwin, who had served as ADP president since Nov. 12, 2004.
Newell has been actively involved in economic development for the last 16 years and currently serves as a developer at Newton Oldacre McDonald (NOM), LLC, a privately held, full-service retail development firm based in Nashville, Tenn. Newell previously served as executive vice president of the Metropolitan Development Board in Birmingham, Ala., director of economic development with the City of Opelika, Ala., and director of business development at the Mobile (Ala.) Chamber of Commerce.
Newell, a native of Meridian, earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Mississippi State University and a master’s in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Newell returns to Mississippi with his wife, Jennifer, their sons, Garrett (12) and Brooks (5), and their daughter, Jordan (9).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody