Newell replaces Godwin at ADP
by Wally Northway
Published: November 30,2009
HATTIESBURG — Chad Newell has been named the new president of the Area Development Partnership (ADP), effective Dec. 28. Newell succeeds Dr. Angeline Godwin, who had served as ADP president since Nov. 12, 2004.
Newell has been actively involved in economic development for the last 16 years and currently serves as a developer at Newton Oldacre McDonald (NOM), LLC, a privately held, full-service retail development firm based in Nashville, Tenn. Newell previously served as executive vice president of the Metropolitan Development Board in Birmingham, Ala., director of economic development with the City of Opelika, Ala., and director of business development at the Mobile (Ala.) Chamber of Commerce.
Newell, a native of Meridian, earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Mississippi State University and a master’s in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Newell returns to Mississippi with his wife, Jennifer, their sons, Garrett (12) and Brooks (5), and their daughter, Jordan (9).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities