Newell replaces Godwin at ADP
HATTIESBURG — Chad Newell has been named the new president of the Area Development Partnership (ADP), effective Dec. 28. Newell succeeds Dr. Angeline Godwin, who had served as ADP president since Nov. 12, 2004.
Newell has been actively involved in economic development for the last 16 years and currently serves as a developer at Newton Oldacre McDonald (NOM), LLC, a privately held, full-service retail development firm based in Nashville, Tenn. Newell previously served as executive vice president of the Metropolitan Development Board in Birmingham, Ala., director of economic development with the City of Opelika, Ala., and director of business development at the Mobile (Ala.) Chamber of Commerce.
Newell, a native of Meridian, earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Mississippi State University and a master’s in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Newell returns to Mississippi with his wife, Jennifer, their sons, Garrett (12) and Brooks (5), and their daughter, Jordan (9).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015