Newell replaces Godwin at ADP
HATTIESBURG — Chad Newell has been named the new president of the Area Development Partnership (ADP), effective Dec. 28. Newell succeeds Dr. Angeline Godwin, who had served as ADP president since Nov. 12, 2004.
Newell has been actively involved in economic development for the last 16 years and currently serves as a developer at Newton Oldacre McDonald (NOM), LLC, a privately held, full-service retail development firm based in Nashville, Tenn. Newell previously served as executive vice president of the Metropolitan Development Board in Birmingham, Ala., director of economic development with the City of Opelika, Ala., and director of business development at the Mobile (Ala.) Chamber of Commerce.
Newell, a native of Meridian, earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Mississippi State University and a master’s in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Newell returns to Mississippi with his wife, Jennifer, their sons, Garrett (12) and Brooks (5), and their daughter, Jordan (9).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal