Newell replaces Godwin at ADP
HATTIESBURG — Chad Newell has been named the new president of the Area Development Partnership (ADP), effective Dec. 28. Newell succeeds Dr. Angeline Godwin, who had served as ADP president since Nov. 12, 2004.
Newell has been actively involved in economic development for the last 16 years and currently serves as a developer at Newton Oldacre McDonald (NOM), LLC, a privately held, full-service retail development firm based in Nashville, Tenn. Newell previously served as executive vice president of the Metropolitan Development Board in Birmingham, Ala., director of economic development with the City of Opelika, Ala., and director of business development at the Mobile (Ala.) Chamber of Commerce.
Newell, a native of Meridian, earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Mississippi State University and a master’s in economic development from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Newell returns to Mississippi with his wife, Jennifer, their sons, Garrett (12) and Brooks (5), and their daughter, Jordan (9).
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015