Phelps Dunbar attorneys named best
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Philip deV. Claverie Sr., Luther T. Munford and Randy P. Roussel have been named “Lawyers of the Year” for 2010 by The Best Lawyers in America, which is recognizing attorneys in high profile legal specialties in large legal communities. The lawyers honored as “Lawyers of the Year” received particularly high ratings in Best Lawyers’ surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity, and only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Claverie, who was selected in the “Banking Law – New Orleans, LA” category, is a senior partner in the firm’s business group. His business practice includes banking, commercial, real estate and probate. Claverie represents various financial institutions in dozens of transactions involving financing of real estate construction, mergers and acquisitions and working capital.
Munford, who was selected in the “Appellate Law – Jackson, MS” category, is a partner in the firm’s litigation group. He defends lawyers, represents news media clients, litigates constitutional issues, and handles federal and state civil appeals.
Roussel, who was selected in the “Real Estate Law – Baton Rouge, LA” category, is a partner in the firm’s business group. His general business practice is concentrated in the areas of real estate, banking, and commercial transactions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force