Phelps Dunbar attorneys named best
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Philip deV. Claverie Sr., Luther T. Munford and Randy P. Roussel have been named “Lawyers of the Year” for 2010 by The Best Lawyers in America, which is recognizing attorneys in high profile legal specialties in large legal communities. The lawyers honored as “Lawyers of the Year” received particularly high ratings in Best Lawyers’ surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity, and only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Claverie, who was selected in the “Banking Law – New Orleans, LA” category, is a senior partner in the firm’s business group. His business practice includes banking, commercial, real estate and probate. Claverie represents various financial institutions in dozens of transactions involving financing of real estate construction, mergers and acquisitions and working capital.
Munford, who was selected in the “Appellate Law – Jackson, MS” category, is a partner in the firm’s litigation group. He defends lawyers, represents news media clients, litigates constitutional issues, and handles federal and state civil appeals.
Roussel, who was selected in the “Real Estate Law – Baton Rouge, LA” category, is a partner in the firm’s business group. His general business practice is concentrated in the areas of real estate, banking, and commercial transactions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability