Phelps Dunbar attorneys named best
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Philip deV. Claverie Sr., Luther T. Munford and Randy P. Roussel have been named “Lawyers of the Year” for 2010 by The Best Lawyers in America, which is recognizing attorneys in high profile legal specialties in large legal communities. The lawyers honored as “Lawyers of the Year” received particularly high ratings in Best Lawyers’ surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity, and only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Claverie, who was selected in the “Banking Law – New Orleans, LA” category, is a senior partner in the firm’s business group. His business practice includes banking, commercial, real estate and probate. Claverie represents various financial institutions in dozens of transactions involving financing of real estate construction, mergers and acquisitions and working capital.
Munford, who was selected in the “Appellate Law – Jackson, MS” category, is a partner in the firm’s litigation group. He defends lawyers, represents news media clients, litigates constitutional issues, and handles federal and state civil appeals.
Roussel, who was selected in the “Real Estate Law – Baton Rouge, LA” category, is a partner in the firm’s business group. His general business practice is concentrated in the areas of real estate, banking, and commercial transactions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal