Phelps Dunbar attorneys named best
by MBJ Staff
Published: November 30,2009
Philip deV. Claverie Sr., Luther T. Munford and Randy P. Roussel have been named “Lawyers of the Year” for 2010 by The Best Lawyers in America, which is recognizing attorneys in high profile legal specialties in large legal communities. The lawyers honored as “Lawyers of the Year” received particularly high ratings in Best Lawyers’ surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity, and only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Claverie, who was selected in the “Banking Law – New Orleans, LA” category, is a senior partner in the firm’s business group. His business practice includes banking, commercial, real estate and probate. Claverie represents various financial institutions in dozens of transactions involving financing of real estate construction, mergers and acquisitions and working capital.
Munford, who was selected in the “Appellate Law – Jackson, MS” category, is a partner in the firm’s litigation group. He defends lawyers, represents news media clients, litigates constitutional issues, and handles federal and state civil appeals.
Roussel, who was selected in the “Real Estate Law – Baton Rouge, LA” category, is a partner in the firm’s business group. His general business practice is concentrated in the areas of real estate, banking, and commercial transactions.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow