St. Dominic plan part of Madison growth
To look at the long-range growth chart for Madison County, it becomes apparent that there will be a need for many more services to serve the masses.
Madison County’s population is expected to swell 43 percent in the next 15 years to more than 128,000 by 2025.
According to St. Dominic’s, the development of a Madison campus is part of a bigger long-range plan that significantly invests in the main campus in Jackson, resulting in growth and economic development for the entire region.
Central to St. Dominic’s long-range plan is meeting the growing demand and choice in Madison County. According to the Mississippi State Department of Health, more than 86 percent of all Madison County residents currently leave the county for hospital care. Madison County is one of the state’s fastest-growing counties, yet ranks near the bottom in the number of acute care (short stay) hospital beds per 1,000 people for counties in Mississippi.
St. Dominic’s plans to move 71 of its existing licensed beds from its Jackson campus to a new campus in Madison County, east of Interstate 55 at the Galleria Parkway and the planned Reunion Parkway interchange.
The $121-million facility will be complemented by a 60,000-square-foot medical office building for primary care and specialty physician offices.
St. Dominic’s filed a certificate of need (CON) application in Dec. 2008 with the Mississippi State Department of Health and will have an administrative hearing Feb. 3-17, 2010.
It would appear there is a legitimate need for approving the CON.
Contact MBJ editor Ross Reily at ross.reily@ msbusiness.com or (601) 364-1018.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015