Bankrupt Majestic Star reports better numbers
Published: December 3,2009
TUNICA — Bankrupt Majestic Star Casino, LLC, which operates Fitzgeralds Casino/Hotel in Tunica, has released financial results for the three and nine months ended Sept. 30, 2009.
For the quarter, consolidated net operating revenues were $74.8 million compared to $82.7 million for the same period in 2008. The company recorded an operating loss of $1.9 million, compared to an operating loss of $36.4 million for the prior year.
For the nine months, consolidated net operating revenues were $232 million compared to $257 million for the same period in 2008. Operating income for the first nine months of 2009 was $8.5 million, compared to an operating loss of $21.4 million for the prior year.
For the third quarter, net operating revenues at Fitzgeralds Tunica were $18.8 million, compared to $19.5 million for 2008. Operating income was $500,000, compared to an operating loss of $100,000 for 2008.
For the nine months, net operating revenues at Fitzgeralds Tunica were $58.6 million, compared to $62.4 million for 2008. Operating income was $4.4 million, compared to $2.8 million for 2008.
On November 23, the company, its parent entity, Majestic Holdco, LLC, and a separate subsidiary of the parent, Majestic Star Holdco Inc., filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the District of Delaware.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015