Bankrupt Majestic Star reports better numbers
Published: December 3,2009
TUNICA — Bankrupt Majestic Star Casino, LLC, which operates Fitzgeralds Casino/Hotel in Tunica, has released financial results for the three and nine months ended Sept. 30, 2009.
For the quarter, consolidated net operating revenues were $74.8 million compared to $82.7 million for the same period in 2008. The company recorded an operating loss of $1.9 million, compared to an operating loss of $36.4 million for the prior year.
For the nine months, consolidated net operating revenues were $232 million compared to $257 million for the same period in 2008. Operating income for the first nine months of 2009 was $8.5 million, compared to an operating loss of $21.4 million for the prior year.
For the third quarter, net operating revenues at Fitzgeralds Tunica were $18.8 million, compared to $19.5 million for 2008. Operating income was $500,000, compared to an operating loss of $100,000 for 2008.
For the nine months, net operating revenues at Fitzgeralds Tunica were $58.6 million, compared to $62.4 million for 2008. Operating income was $4.4 million, compared to $2.8 million for 2008.
On November 23, the company, its parent entity, Majestic Holdco, LLC, and a separate subsidiary of the parent, Majestic Star Holdco Inc., filed voluntary petitions for relief under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the District of Delaware.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo