Toyota denies Blue Springs reports
The Nikkei, the Japanese version of the Wall Street Journal, is reporting that Toyota plans to resume construction of the plant in Blue Springs, with the hopes of opening it in the spring of 2011. The plant will initially produce the compact Corolla cars, and start producing the hybrid Prius later.
Details are here. Magnolia Marketplace is burning up the phone lines, and we’ll have a story on the site soon.
UPDATED AT 1:35 P.M.: Toyota is now denying the Nikkei report. Spokeswoman Barbara McDaniel tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that “nothing is decided” but that the company remains committed to opening the Blue Springs facility.
So, after several minutes of burning up the phone lines and getting excited for the folks in North Mississippi, turns out it was a false alarm. For now.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Toyota denies Blue Springs reports”
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county