Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth