Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county