Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Legislators begin work on FY2016 state budget
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter