Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House