Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project