Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- The leadership styles of President Obama