Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- SouthGroup Insurance named to 'Best Practices' study
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar