Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case