Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus