Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history