Accuri honors USM faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Accuri Flow Cytometers, a company specializing in cell analysis products and software, has presented one of two Creativity Awards to two University of Southern Mississippi Department of Marine Science faculty members. The award to assistant professor Karen Orcutt and assistant research professor Kjell Gundersen comes with a full-featured analytical Accuri C6 Flow Cytometer System worth $44,000. The portable system, which may be used aboard research vessels, includes a workstation computer, software, flow cytometer and custom filters.
The two earned the award for their winning abstract detailing research they would perform if provided access to the system, which includes using the flow cytometer system to better understand the nitrogen cycle in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life