DSU offering new aviation scholarship
CLEVELAND — Delta State University’s (DSU’s) College of Business recently announced the establishment of the Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship of Commercial Aviation in honor of Sledge, who died in Dec. 2008.
Sledge served DSU’s Department of Commercial Aviation for 18 years (1990-2008), 11 of them as department chair.
The Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship will provide funding to assist full-time students enrolled in the bachelor of commercial aviation program at DSU. The Commercial Aviation Scholarship Committee will award the scholarships to applicants based primarily on academic achievement and need. It is anticipated that the first scholarship will be awarded in fall 2010 with the selection being made during the spring 2010 semester.
The initial scholarship will be for $500 annually and will be renewable for a period of two semesters (for a total of three semesters-the summer term counts as one semester) as long as the recipient is in good standing in the program and is enrolled full-time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DSU offering new aviation scholarship”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist