DSU offering new aviation scholarship
CLEVELAND — Delta State University’s (DSU’s) College of Business recently announced the establishment of the Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship of Commercial Aviation in honor of Sledge, who died in Dec. 2008.
Sledge served DSU’s Department of Commercial Aviation for 18 years (1990-2008), 11 of them as department chair.
The Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship will provide funding to assist full-time students enrolled in the bachelor of commercial aviation program at DSU. The Commercial Aviation Scholarship Committee will award the scholarships to applicants based primarily on academic achievement and need. It is anticipated that the first scholarship will be awarded in fall 2010 with the selection being made during the spring 2010 semester.
The initial scholarship will be for $500 annually and will be renewable for a period of two semesters (for a total of three semesters-the summer term counts as one semester) as long as the recipient is in good standing in the program and is enrolled full-time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DSU offering new aviation scholarship”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- State's jobless rate remains highest in U.S.
- Former DMR manager pleads guilty to embezzlement
- GOLF ranks state's courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium