DSU offering new aviation scholarship
CLEVELAND — Delta State University’s (DSU’s) College of Business recently announced the establishment of the Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship of Commercial Aviation in honor of Sledge, who died in Dec. 2008.
Sledge served DSU’s Department of Commercial Aviation for 18 years (1990-2008), 11 of them as department chair.
The Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship will provide funding to assist full-time students enrolled in the bachelor of commercial aviation program at DSU. The Commercial Aviation Scholarship Committee will award the scholarships to applicants based primarily on academic achievement and need. It is anticipated that the first scholarship will be awarded in fall 2010 with the selection being made during the spring 2010 semester.
The initial scholarship will be for $500 annually and will be renewable for a period of two semesters (for a total of three semesters-the summer term counts as one semester) as long as the recipient is in good standing in the program and is enrolled full-time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DSU offering new aviation scholarship”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- BREAKING: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him