DSU offering new aviation scholarship
CLEVELAND — Delta State University’s (DSU’s) College of Business recently announced the establishment of the Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship of Commercial Aviation in honor of Sledge, who died in Dec. 2008.
Sledge served DSU’s Department of Commercial Aviation for 18 years (1990-2008), 11 of them as department chair.
The Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship will provide funding to assist full-time students enrolled in the bachelor of commercial aviation program at DSU. The Commercial Aviation Scholarship Committee will award the scholarships to applicants based primarily on academic achievement and need. It is anticipated that the first scholarship will be awarded in fall 2010 with the selection being made during the spring 2010 semester.
The initial scholarship will be for $500 annually and will be renewable for a period of two semesters (for a total of three semesters-the summer term counts as one semester) as long as the recipient is in good standing in the program and is enrolled full-time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DSU offering new aviation scholarship”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity