DSU offering new aviation scholarship
CLEVELAND — Delta State University’s (DSU’s) College of Business recently announced the establishment of the Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship of Commercial Aviation in honor of Sledge, who died in Dec. 2008.
Sledge served DSU’s Department of Commercial Aviation for 18 years (1990-2008), 11 of them as department chair.
The Thomas N. Sledge Endowed Scholarship will provide funding to assist full-time students enrolled in the bachelor of commercial aviation program at DSU. The Commercial Aviation Scholarship Committee will award the scholarships to applicants based primarily on academic achievement and need. It is anticipated that the first scholarship will be awarded in fall 2010 with the selection being made during the spring 2010 semester.
The initial scholarship will be for $500 annually and will be renewable for a period of two semesters (for a total of three semesters-the summer term counts as one semester) as long as the recipient is in good standing in the program and is enrolled full-time.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “DSU offering new aviation scholarship”
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability