Stephens, Lewis win awards
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 7,2009
Bobby Stephens, well known at Mississippi State Hospital (MSH) for his decades of work here and his service with Friends of MSH, was honored with the Mississippi Department of Mental Health’s 2009 James C. Stubbs Service Award. Stephens has given more than 36 years of his life, first as a professional and continuing today as a volunteer, to activities, which promote improvement in the quality of life for persons with mental illness. Prior to his retirement, he served as the director of rehabilitation services and community services at MSH.
In a separate item, the Mississippi Department of Mental Health honored Jaquith Nursing Home director Marc Lewis with the Bradley A. Sanders Service Award. Lewis has been employed with the Department of Mental Health since 1996, and has often served in key roles where new services and programs have been in development. Between 1996 and 2000, he served as part of the leadership team responsible for opening North Mississippi State Hospital in Tupelo and South Mississippi State Hospital in Purvis. In 2000, Lewis accepted the position of human resources director at MSH, where he served until he was appointed as director of Jaquith Nursing Home in 2005.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts