Barbour appoints Davis to bench
FAYETTE — Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed Sen. Vincent Davis of Fayette to the 17th District Chancery Court position. His appointment begins Dec. 8, 2009.
Davis replaces Judge Kennie E. Middleton, who died in September. The 17th Chancery Court District includes the following four counties: Adams, Claiborne, Jefferson and Wilkinson.
Davis will resign his District 36 State Senate seat, which includes Claiborne, Copiah, Hinds and Jefferson counties. A special election will be held to replace him.
Davis currently has a general law practice in Natchez. He also has served as city attorney for Fayette since March 2004. Previously, he was an assistant district attorney for the 6th Circuit Court District where his duties included prosecuting felony cases and serving as the primary prosecutor for cases originating in Wilkinson County administering the district’s Pretrial Intervention program.
He is a member of the Magnolia Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the Mississippi Bar. Davis received a bachelor’s degree from Alcorn State University and his law degree from Mississippi College School of Law.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option