Dart to open first foam recycling center
QUITMAN — On Dec. 10 beginning at noon, Dart Container Company will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a foam recycling drop off in Quitman. The site is 197 Harris Avenue.
According to Dart, the post-consumer foam recycling drop-off site is the first in the state.
Dart said the free drop-off will pioneer a new way for Mississippi residents, businesses and organizations to use and reuse foam with the number “6″ on it. This is the state’s first public site to accept foam food service containers, including foam cups, plates, take-out containers, egg cartons as well as shaped or molded foam often used to package electronics.
This effort, Dart’s 11th drop-off location in the country, will divert foam from area landfills and allow it to be recycled into new products such as picture frames and moldings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal