Dart to open first foam recycling center
QUITMAN — On Dec. 10 beginning at noon, Dart Container Company will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a foam recycling drop off in Quitman. The site is 197 Harris Avenue.
According to Dart, the post-consumer foam recycling drop-off site is the first in the state.
Dart said the free drop-off will pioneer a new way for Mississippi residents, businesses and organizations to use and reuse foam with the number “6″ on it. This is the state’s first public site to accept foam food service containers, including foam cups, plates, take-out containers, egg cartons as well as shaped or molded foam often used to package electronics.
This effort, Dart’s 11th drop-off location in the country, will divert foam from area landfills and allow it to be recycled into new products such as picture frames and moldings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015