Dart to open first foam recycling center
QUITMAN — On Dec. 10 beginning at noon, Dart Container Company will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a foam recycling drop off in Quitman. The site is 197 Harris Avenue.
According to Dart, the post-consumer foam recycling drop-off site is the first in the state.
Dart said the free drop-off will pioneer a new way for Mississippi residents, businesses and organizations to use and reuse foam with the number “6″ on it. This is the state’s first public site to accept foam food service containers, including foam cups, plates, take-out containers, egg cartons as well as shaped or molded foam often used to package electronics.
This effort, Dart’s 11th drop-off location in the country, will divert foam from area landfills and allow it to be recycled into new products such as picture frames and moldings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term