Dart to open first foam recycling center
QUITMAN — On Dec. 10 beginning at noon, Dart Container Company will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a foam recycling drop off in Quitman. The site is 197 Harris Avenue.
According to Dart, the post-consumer foam recycling drop-off site is the first in the state.
Dart said the free drop-off will pioneer a new way for Mississippi residents, businesses and organizations to use and reuse foam with the number “6″ on it. This is the state’s first public site to accept foam food service containers, including foam cups, plates, take-out containers, egg cartons as well as shaped or molded foam often used to package electronics.
This effort, Dart’s 11th drop-off location in the country, will divert foam from area landfills and allow it to be recycled into new products such as picture frames and moldings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- News The Way You Want It!