Dart to open first foam recycling center
QUITMAN — On Dec. 10 beginning at noon, Dart Container Company will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a foam recycling drop off in Quitman. The site is 197 Harris Avenue.
According to Dart, the post-consumer foam recycling drop-off site is the first in the state.
Dart said the free drop-off will pioneer a new way for Mississippi residents, businesses and organizations to use and reuse foam with the number “6″ on it. This is the state’s first public site to accept foam food service containers, including foam cups, plates, take-out containers, egg cartons as well as shaped or molded foam often used to package electronics.
This effort, Dart’s 11th drop-off location in the country, will divert foam from area landfills and allow it to be recycled into new products such as picture frames and moldings.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Nullification and interposition
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'