Stringer chooses MC for gift
CLINTON — Tony Stringer, president of Stringer Industries Inc. in Tylertown and immediate past chairman of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association (MMA), recently presented his MMA Chairman’s Award to the Mississippi College (MC) School of Business.
Stringer presented the $10,000 gift to Dr. Marcelo Eduardo, dean of the School of Business. The MMA Chairman’s Award is presented at the end of each chairman’s term and is to be presented to an educational institution chosen by the outgoing chairman.
Stringer is a 1983 graduate of Mississippi College, where he received a bachelor’s degree in business administration. He was selected the1998 Distinguished Alumnus for the MC School of Business, and in 1999, he was named the MC Young Alumnus of the Year.
Stringer has served on the MMA board of directors since 1996 and as a member of the MMA executive committee since 2005. He also has served on the MMA Vocational Educator Award selection committee since 1994 as well as the MMA Public Relations/Convention Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money