Stringer chooses MC for gift
CLINTON — Tony Stringer, president of Stringer Industries Inc. in Tylertown and immediate past chairman of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association (MMA), recently presented his MMA Chairman’s Award to the Mississippi College (MC) School of Business.
Stringer presented the $10,000 gift to Dr. Marcelo Eduardo, dean of the School of Business. The MMA Chairman’s Award is presented at the end of each chairman’s term and is to be presented to an educational institution chosen by the outgoing chairman.
Stringer is a 1983 graduate of Mississippi College, where he received a bachelor’s degree in business administration. He was selected the1998 Distinguished Alumnus for the MC School of Business, and in 1999, he was named the MC Young Alumnus of the Year.
Stringer has served on the MMA board of directors since 1996 and as a member of the MMA executive committee since 2005. He also has served on the MMA Vocational Educator Award selection committee since 1994 as well as the MMA Public Relations/Convention Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015