Stringer chooses MC for gift
CLINTON — Tony Stringer, president of Stringer Industries Inc. in Tylertown and immediate past chairman of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association (MMA), recently presented his MMA Chairman’s Award to the Mississippi College (MC) School of Business.
Stringer presented the $10,000 gift to Dr. Marcelo Eduardo, dean of the School of Business. The MMA Chairman’s Award is presented at the end of each chairman’s term and is to be presented to an educational institution chosen by the outgoing chairman.
Stringer is a 1983 graduate of Mississippi College, where he received a bachelor’s degree in business administration. He was selected the1998 Distinguished Alumnus for the MC School of Business, and in 1999, he was named the MC Young Alumnus of the Year.
Stringer has served on the MMA board of directors since 1996 and as a member of the MMA executive committee since 2005. He also has served on the MMA Vocational Educator Award selection committee since 1994 as well as the MMA Public Relations/Convention Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen