Stringer chooses MC for gift
CLINTON — Tony Stringer, president of Stringer Industries Inc. in Tylertown and immediate past chairman of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association (MMA), recently presented his MMA Chairman’s Award to the Mississippi College (MC) School of Business.
Stringer presented the $10,000 gift to Dr. Marcelo Eduardo, dean of the School of Business. The MMA Chairman’s Award is presented at the end of each chairman’s term and is to be presented to an educational institution chosen by the outgoing chairman.
Stringer is a 1983 graduate of Mississippi College, where he received a bachelor’s degree in business administration. He was selected the1998 Distinguished Alumnus for the MC School of Business, and in 1999, he was named the MC Young Alumnus of the Year.
Stringer has served on the MMA board of directors since 1996 and as a member of the MMA executive committee since 2005. He also has served on the MMA Vocational Educator Award selection committee since 1994 as well as the MMA Public Relations/Convention Committee.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL