Trustmark repurchases shares from Treasury
Published: December 10,2009
JACKSON — Trustmark Corporation has completed the repurchase of its 215,000 shares of Fixed Rate Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series A, from the U. S. Treasury Department at a purchase price of $215 million plus a final accrued dividend of $716.7 thousand.
The preferred stock and a warrant to purchase 1,647,931 shares of common stock were issued to the Treasury Department in November 2008 under the Capital Purchase Program. Trustmark intends to seek agreement with the Treasury Department for the repurchase of the warrant.
The repurchase of the preferred stock will result in a one-time, non-cash charge of approximately $8.2 million, or $0.14 per share, in Trustmark’s fourth quarter financial statements for the unaccreted discount recorded at the date of issuance of the preferred stock.
Richard G. Hickson, Trustmark chairman and CEO, said, “We believe the repurchase of these preferred shares is in the best interests of our shareholders. Based upon our continued solid profitability and strong capital base, Trustmark remains well positioned to meet the needs of our customers as well as maintain its financial flexibility to take advantage of opportunities for growth and expansion in the marketplace.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant