Workers lose more than a ton of weight
PHILADELPHIA — Recently, employees of W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Company competed in a company-wide health challenge and lost a total of 2,684 pounds.
Approximately 350 employees split into teams and competed for four months. Each person’s weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides were recorded in July and then again in November. The three teams with the highest percentage of improvement were recognized.
William Yates said, “The Yates Health Challenge was a great success and we encourage all of our employees to continue to practice healthy lifestyles. A healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise is a win-win situation for everyone.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Workers lose more than a ton of weight”
Top Posts & Pages
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Mars Food to celebrate 35 years in Port City
- Tennessee-based manufacturer sites plant in industrial park