Workers lose more than a ton of weight
PHILADELPHIA — Recently, employees of W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Company competed in a company-wide health challenge and lost a total of 2,684 pounds.
Approximately 350 employees split into teams and competed for four months. Each person’s weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides were recorded in July and then again in November. The three teams with the highest percentage of improvement were recognized.
William Yates said, “The Yates Health Challenge was a great success and we encourage all of our employees to continue to practice healthy lifestyles. A healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise is a win-win situation for everyone.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Workers lose more than a ton of weight”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal