Workers lose more than a ton of weight
PHILADELPHIA — Recently, employees of W.G. Yates & Sons Construction Company competed in a company-wide health challenge and lost a total of 2,684 pounds.
Approximately 350 employees split into teams and competed for four months. Each person’s weight, blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides were recorded in July and then again in November. The three teams with the highest percentage of improvement were recognized.
William Yates said, “The Yates Health Challenge was a great success and we encourage all of our employees to continue to practice healthy lifestyles. A healthy lifestyle of diet and exercise is a win-win situation for everyone.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “Workers lose more than a ton of weight”
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports