Extension to offer NxLevel program
HATTIESBURG — People wanting to start a business or generate more profit in an existing one can participate in a seminar series the Mississippi State University Extension Service is providing through an entrepreneurial network.
Extension will present NxLevel for Entrepreneurs, a training module from NxLevel Education that empowers men and women to be better decision-makers and managers. The program is offered through Mississippi Women in Agriculture, a program of the Southern Rural Development Center.
The seminars will be offered live in Hattiesburg and also through Extension distance education system. The distance sessions start Jan. 25 at various Extension offices throughout the state, and the Hattiesburg sessions begin Jan. 28 at the Forrest County Extension office.
Topics will address financial management, market forecasting, marketing and research, deal-making and legal issues.
Registration is $100 per person. Individuals who have participated in previous Mississippi Women in Agriculture seminars have a special rate of $60. Download the registration form at msucares.com/womeninag and mail it with payment to Mississippi Women in Agriculture, Mississippi State University Extension Service, P.O. Box 9656, Mississippi State, MS 39762. Participants also can register by phone and pay with a credit card by calling (662) 325-3207. The deadline to register is Jan. 18.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force