Emergency declaration lifted from school
JEFFERSON DAVIS COUNTY — Gov. Haley Barbour has removed the state of emergency declaration for Jefferson Davis County School District upon request by the Mississippi Board of Education.
The Board of Education recently reported that educational, safety and security conditions had improved, and that misspent 16th Section funds had been repaid.
Barbour ordered the state of emergency declaration in 2007 after education officials expressed concerns about the safety, security and educational interests of the district’s students.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion