Emergency declaration lifted from school
JEFFERSON DAVIS COUNTY — Gov. Haley Barbour has removed the state of emergency declaration for Jefferson Davis County School District upon request by the Mississippi Board of Education.
The Board of Education recently reported that educational, safety and security conditions had improved, and that misspent 16th Section funds had been repaid.
Barbour ordered the state of emergency declaration in 2007 after education officials expressed concerns about the safety, security and educational interests of the district’s students.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property