ERDC adds Thompson, Sanchez
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2009
Wendy Thompson has been selected as the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center’s (ERDC’s) new regional information officer (RIO) under the Corps of Engineers Corporation Information (CECI). Thompson began her ERDC career in the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory in 1990 and spent 17 years in that lab before going to work for the Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT) organization, located in ERDC’s Information Technology Laboratory. She most recently held the position of ERDC customer relations manager at ACE-IT.
In a separate item, Jose Sanchez was recently named deputy director of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) at the ERDC). Sanchez began his career at CHL in 1995, after spending time as the hydraulic specialist for the Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority. He held a myriad of positions within the lab, including chief of the Harbors, Entrances and Structures Branch, until 2008, when he accepted his most recent position as chief of Asset Management at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers headquarters in Washington, D.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending