ERDC adds Thompson, Sanchez
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2009
Wendy Thompson has been selected as the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center’s (ERDC’s) new regional information officer (RIO) under the Corps of Engineers Corporation Information (CECI). Thompson began her ERDC career in the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory in 1990 and spent 17 years in that lab before going to work for the Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT) organization, located in ERDC’s Information Technology Laboratory. She most recently held the position of ERDC customer relations manager at ACE-IT.
In a separate item, Jose Sanchez was recently named deputy director of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) at the ERDC). Sanchez began his career at CHL in 1995, after spending time as the hydraulic specialist for the Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority. He held a myriad of positions within the lab, including chief of the Harbors, Entrances and Structures Branch, until 2008, when he accepted his most recent position as chief of Asset Management at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers headquarters in Washington, D.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects