ERDC adds Thompson, Sanchez
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2009
Wendy Thompson has been selected as the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center’s (ERDC’s) new regional information officer (RIO) under the Corps of Engineers Corporation Information (CECI). Thompson began her ERDC career in the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory in 1990 and spent 17 years in that lab before going to work for the Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT) organization, located in ERDC’s Information Technology Laboratory. She most recently held the position of ERDC customer relations manager at ACE-IT.
In a separate item, Jose Sanchez was recently named deputy director of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) at the ERDC). Sanchez began his career at CHL in 1995, after spending time as the hydraulic specialist for the Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority. He held a myriad of positions within the lab, including chief of the Harbors, Entrances and Structures Branch, until 2008, when he accepted his most recent position as chief of Asset Management at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers headquarters in Washington, D.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three