ERDC adds Thompson, Sanchez
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 14,2009
Wendy Thompson has been selected as the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center’s (ERDC’s) new regional information officer (RIO) under the Corps of Engineers Corporation Information (CECI). Thompson began her ERDC career in the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory in 1990 and spent 17 years in that lab before going to work for the Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT) organization, located in ERDC’s Information Technology Laboratory. She most recently held the position of ERDC customer relations manager at ACE-IT.
In a separate item, Jose Sanchez was recently named deputy director of the Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory (CHL) at the ERDC). Sanchez began his career at CHL in 1995, after spending time as the hydraulic specialist for the Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority. He held a myriad of positions within the lab, including chief of the Harbors, Entrances and Structures Branch, until 2008, when he accepted his most recent position as chief of Asset Management at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers headquarters in Washington, D.C.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015