Keeping Our Eye On: Cary New
Published: December 14,2009
Hometown: Itta Bena
Education: B.A. in English, Delta State University
Current Position: Media relations manager, Viking Range Corporation
Prior to graduating from Delta State University, Cary New says that she sat down to figure out what would be her dream job “when she grew up.”
“The best day of my career happened about a year later, which is not something many people can say right out of college. I am thankful every day for the opportunities Viking Range has given me over the years,” says New.
New started working as a PR assistant for Viking in 1998 and today spends her days coordinating interviews for various publications, writing press releases for new products and even managing a film crew for the facilities. She says she is thankful to have a very supportive family that includes husband, Noah, parents Mike and Mary Hawkins and her sister, Keely.
“Growing up in a small town with a large family taught me many lessons and values that I cherish to this day,” New says. “My dad is the baby of 10 children, which made for enormous family gatherings. My grandparents had 31 grandchildren but always made sure each of us knew how important and special we were to them, thus teaching me the true meaning of family.”
New is media chairman for the Viking Classic, sits on the board of directors for the Delta State University Alumni Association and is a member of the Public Relations Society of Mississippi (PRSA).
Mississippi’s best-kept secret: Delta State University
Must-have Mississippi food: Giardina’s Mississippi Delta Catfish Cakes
Favorite hangout: Stadium Picnic Area at DSU football games or my backyard with family and friends
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release