Alliance lands two grants
STONEVILLE — The Delta Health Alliance recently received two federal grants to expand its programs in the Mississippi Delta. One grant was awarded by the U.S. Department of Human Services for $313,329. The other grant was awarded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for $186,200.
Both grants will be used for the Delta Health Alliance to bring mental health services to medically underserved areas in the Delta.
Partners with the Delta Health Alliance in these grant programs include community mental health centers in Greenwood and Clarksdale, their satellite sites in Charleston, Indianola and Belzoni, the Mississippi State Hospital in Whitfield and the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
Dr. Karen Fox, president and CEO of the Delta Health Alliance, said, “Because the Delta is so short on medical specialists and because few residents can travel to Jackson or Memphis to receive care, we are bringing those doctors to the Delta, via computer and interactive video connections.”
The program began one year ago and allows a patient to come to a community health center in Greenwood or Clarksdale, and talk “live” with a psychiatrist.
The Delta Health Alliance is a nonprofit organization that supports community-based healthcare initiatives that target critical health and wellness issues in the Mississippi Delta. Located in Stoneville, the Delta Health Alliance currently funds 35 community-based programs that are spread throughout the Delta region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Alliance lands two grants”
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions