Alliance lands two grants
STONEVILLE — The Delta Health Alliance recently received two federal grants to expand its programs in the Mississippi Delta. One grant was awarded by the U.S. Department of Human Services for $313,329. The other grant was awarded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for $186,200.
Both grants will be used for the Delta Health Alliance to bring mental health services to medically underserved areas in the Delta.
Partners with the Delta Health Alliance in these grant programs include community mental health centers in Greenwood and Clarksdale, their satellite sites in Charleston, Indianola and Belzoni, the Mississippi State Hospital in Whitfield and the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
Dr. Karen Fox, president and CEO of the Delta Health Alliance, said, “Because the Delta is so short on medical specialists and because few residents can travel to Jackson or Memphis to receive care, we are bringing those doctors to the Delta, via computer and interactive video connections.”
The program began one year ago and allows a patient to come to a community health center in Greenwood or Clarksdale, and talk “live” with a psychiatrist.
The Delta Health Alliance is a nonprofit organization that supports community-based healthcare initiatives that target critical health and wellness issues in the Mississippi Delta. Located in Stoneville, the Delta Health Alliance currently funds 35 community-based programs that are spread throughout the Delta region.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Alliance lands two grants”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image