Farm Service committee members named
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — The Obama Administration has chosen individuals who will serve on the Mississippi Farm Service Agency State Committee. The State Committee members will oversee the activities of the agency to include carrying out the state agricultural conservation programs, resolving appeals from the agriculture community and helping to keep producers informed about FSA programs.
The individuals appointed to serve on this committee include:
Orlando Kilcrease (chairperson) has 17 years of professional federal work experience with the Farm Service Agency where he served as an agricultural management specialist and a senior agriculture loan specialist. Currently, he is working on his Ph.D. in philosophy at Jackson State University.
Paul Myrick is currently working as the assistant general manger with the Southern Pine Electric Association. He also is active in cattle farming.
Kenneth Oswalt has been a full-time farmer since 1960. He farms approximately 2,000 acres of corn and soybeans. He is an active member on a variety of local and national boards/committees.
Sutter Owens is currently the owner of S. Levon Owens Cattle and Land Developer, LLC. He has more than 28 years in farm and cattle business practices. He is also co-owner of Chapman & Owens Investment, LLC.
Sterling Withers has over 30 years in farming experience. Currently, he is a procurer for Outside Fish, Pride of the Pond. Prior to this, he was a founder of Withers Catfish Co. and president of Catfish Farmers of Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Farm Service committee members named”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions