Entergy gives more to organizations
Published: December 16,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Entergy Charitable Foundation has awarded final round grants for this year. The awards boost Entergy’s total grants year-to-date to more than $1.4 million in Mississippi.
The latest grant recipients are the Mississippi Delta TeachUp! pilot program, Voice of Calvary Ministries’ Pathway to Prosperity and Southwest Mississippi Community College.
The Entergy Charitable Foundation is a private, nonprofit foundation wholly funded by Entergy Corporation. The goal of the foundation is to support initiatives that help create and sustain thriving communities, with a special focus on low-income initiatives, educational and literacy programs and efforts to protect the environment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues