Entergy gives more to organizations
by Wally Northway
Published: December 16,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Entergy Charitable Foundation has awarded final round grants for this year. The awards boost Entergy’s total grants year-to-date to more than $1.4 million in Mississippi.
The latest grant recipients are the Mississippi Delta TeachUp! pilot program, Voice of Calvary Ministries’ Pathway to Prosperity and Southwest Mississippi Community College.
The Entergy Charitable Foundation is a private, nonprofit foundation wholly funded by Entergy Corporation. The goal of the foundation is to support initiatives that help create and sustain thriving communities, with a special focus on low-income initiatives, educational and literacy programs and efforts to protect the environment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county