Entergy gives more to organizations
Published: December 16,2009
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — The Entergy Charitable Foundation has awarded final round grants for this year. The awards boost Entergy’s total grants year-to-date to more than $1.4 million in Mississippi.
The latest grant recipients are the Mississippi Delta TeachUp! pilot program, Voice of Calvary Ministries’ Pathway to Prosperity and Southwest Mississippi Community College.
The Entergy Charitable Foundation is a private, nonprofit foundation wholly funded by Entergy Corporation. The goal of the foundation is to support initiatives that help create and sustain thriving communities, with a special focus on low-income initiatives, educational and literacy programs and efforts to protect the environment.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money