AirTran to resume Coast service
Published: December 17,2009
GULFPORT — AirTran Airways has made public plans to resume scheduled service from Gulfport/Biloxi to the carrier’s hub in Atlanta and add new service from Gulfport/Biloxi to Tampa/St. Petersburg, Fla.
This service will begin Jan. 8, and will replace existing charter service to Atlanta. Flights to Atlanta and Tampa/St. Petersburg will operate on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays with the airline’s Wi-Fi-equipped Boeing 717.
“Since beginning charter operations in July, we have been very excited about the response to our flights,” said Kevin Healy, AirTran’s senior vice president, marketing and planning.
By transitioning from chartered service to regularly scheduled flights to Atlanta, residents of the Mississippi Gulf Coast will also have access to virtually the entire AirTran network of more than 60 cities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015