AirTran to resume Coast service
by Wally Northway
Published: December 17,2009
GULFPORT — AirTran Airways has made public plans to resume scheduled service from Gulfport/Biloxi to the carrier’s hub in Atlanta and add new service from Gulfport/Biloxi to Tampa/St. Petersburg, Fla.
This service will begin Jan. 8, and will replace existing charter service to Atlanta. Flights to Atlanta and Tampa/St. Petersburg will operate on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays with the airline’s Wi-Fi-equipped Boeing 717.
“Since beginning charter operations in July, we have been very excited about the response to our flights,” said Kevin Healy, AirTran’s senior vice president, marketing and planning.
By transitioning from chartered service to regularly scheduled flights to Atlanta, residents of the Mississippi Gulf Coast will also have access to virtually the entire AirTran network of more than 60 cities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram