AirTran to resume Coast service
Published: December 17,2009
GULFPORT — AirTran Airways has made public plans to resume scheduled service from Gulfport/Biloxi to the carrier’s hub in Atlanta and add new service from Gulfport/Biloxi to Tampa/St. Petersburg, Fla.
This service will begin Jan. 8, and will replace existing charter service to Atlanta. Flights to Atlanta and Tampa/St. Petersburg will operate on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays with the airline’s Wi-Fi-equipped Boeing 717.
“Since beginning charter operations in July, we have been very excited about the response to our flights,” said Kevin Healy, AirTran’s senior vice president, marketing and planning.
By transitioning from chartered service to regularly scheduled flights to Atlanta, residents of the Mississippi Gulf Coast will also have access to virtually the entire AirTran network of more than 60 cities.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves