Average earnings up and down
Real average hourly earnings in the U.S. fell 0.5 percent from October to November, seasonally adjusted, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports. A 0.5 percent increase in the Consumer Price Index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers (CPI-W) more than offset a 0.1 percent increase in average hourly earnings for production and non-supervisory workers.
Real average weekly earnings rose 0.1 percent over the month. A decline in real average hourly earnings was more than offset by a 0.6 percent increase in the average workweek. Since reaching a recent high point in Dec. 2008, real average weekly earnings have fallen by 1.7 percent.
Real average hourly earnings fell 0.1 percent, seasonally adjusted, from Nov. 2008 to Nov. 2009. A 0.6 percent decline in average weekly hours combined with the decrease in real average hourly earnings resulted in a 0.7 percent decrease in real average weekly earnings during this period.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters