Baptist enhances ambulance service
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle was recently awarded a grant from the Baptist Memorial Health Care Foundation to provide improved cardiac monitors and CPR devices for Columbus area ambulances.
The cardiac monitors provide 12-lead EKGs and the ability to transmit EKGs from the field to the emergency room, which results in increased survival rates for cardiac patients.
The new monitors will allow emergency room doctors, cardiologists and other cardiac team members to diagnose and prepare to treat patients before they arrive at the hospital; further decreasing the amount of time it takes to get proper treatment while increasing the patient’s chance of survival.
According to Baptist, its ambulance service will be the second in Mississippi with the ability to transmit 12-lead EKGs. And, the ambulances will be the first in the state to have mechanical devices that can perform chest compressions on cardiac arrest patients, improving the quality of care they receive.
“By using the new cardiac monitors and mechanical CPR devices in the ambulances, we are able to provide even higher quality of care in the field and once the patient reaches the hospital,” said Brad Parsons, assistant administrator at Baptist Golden Triangle. “Time makes a big difference in patient outcomes.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state