Baptist enhances ambulance service
COLUMBUS — Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle was recently awarded a grant from the Baptist Memorial Health Care Foundation to provide improved cardiac monitors and CPR devices for Columbus area ambulances.
The cardiac monitors provide 12-lead EKGs and the ability to transmit EKGs from the field to the emergency room, which results in increased survival rates for cardiac patients.
The new monitors will allow emergency room doctors, cardiologists and other cardiac team members to diagnose and prepare to treat patients before they arrive at the hospital; further decreasing the amount of time it takes to get proper treatment while increasing the patient’s chance of survival.
According to Baptist, its ambulance service will be the second in Mississippi with the ability to transmit 12-lead EKGs. And, the ambulances will be the first in the state to have mechanical devices that can perform chest compressions on cardiac arrest patients, improving the quality of care they receive.
“By using the new cardiac monitors and mechanical CPR devices in the ambulances, we are able to provide even higher quality of care in the field and once the patient reaches the hospital,” said Brad Parsons, assistant administrator at Baptist Golden Triangle. “Time makes a big difference in patient outcomes.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast