Barbour searching for new D.A.
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — Gov. Haley Barbour is conducting a search to replace District Attorney Laurence Mellen of the 11th District. Mellen has resigned his post, effective Dec. 31.
The 11th Circuit Court District includes the counties of Bolivar, Coahoma, Quitman and Tunica.
“I commend Laurence on his 26 years of service as the DA in the 11th District and wish him well in his new endeavors,” Barbour said.
Barbour has asked his Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee to review applicants for the position. Anyone interested in applying should send 12 copies of their resume and writing sample to the Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee, at P.O. Box 119, Jackson, MS 39205. The deadline for submitting applications is Dec. 31. Anyone interested in recommending prospective candidates should send their letters of recommendation to the same address.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Barbour searching for new D.A.”
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports