Barbour searching for new D.A.
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — Gov. Haley Barbour is conducting a search to replace District Attorney Laurence Mellen of the 11th District. Mellen has resigned his post, effective Dec. 31.
The 11th Circuit Court District includes the counties of Bolivar, Coahoma, Quitman and Tunica.
“I commend Laurence on his 26 years of service as the DA in the 11th District and wish him well in his new endeavors,” Barbour said.
Barbour has asked his Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee to review applicants for the position. Anyone interested in applying should send 12 copies of their resume and writing sample to the Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee, at P.O. Box 119, Jackson, MS 39205. The deadline for submitting applications is Dec. 31. Anyone interested in recommending prospective candidates should send their letters of recommendation to the same address.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Barbour searching for new D.A.”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain