Barbour searching for new D.A.
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — Gov. Haley Barbour is conducting a search to replace District Attorney Laurence Mellen of the 11th District. Mellen has resigned his post, effective Dec. 31.
The 11th Circuit Court District includes the counties of Bolivar, Coahoma, Quitman and Tunica.
“I commend Laurence on his 26 years of service as the DA in the 11th District and wish him well in his new endeavors,” Barbour said.
Barbour has asked his Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee to review applicants for the position. Anyone interested in applying should send 12 copies of their resume and writing sample to the Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee, at P.O. Box 119, Jackson, MS 39205. The deadline for submitting applications is Dec. 31. Anyone interested in recommending prospective candidates should send their letters of recommendation to the same address.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Barbour searching for new D.A.”
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma