Barbour searching for new D.A.
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — Gov. Haley Barbour is conducting a search to replace District Attorney Laurence Mellen of the 11th District. Mellen has resigned his post, effective Dec. 31.
The 11th Circuit Court District includes the counties of Bolivar, Coahoma, Quitman and Tunica.
“I commend Laurence on his 26 years of service as the DA in the 11th District and wish him well in his new endeavors,” Barbour said.
Barbour has asked his Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee to review applicants for the position. Anyone interested in applying should send 12 copies of their resume and writing sample to the Judicial Appointments Advisory Committee, at P.O. Box 119, Jackson, MS 39205. The deadline for submitting applications is Dec. 31. Anyone interested in recommending prospective candidates should send their letters of recommendation to the same address.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Barbour searching for new D.A.”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month