New furniture manufacturer to begin operations
NETTLETON — HomeStretch LLC, an upholstered furniture manufacturing company, is setting up operations in Nettleton. The new company is an investment by owners William “Skipper” Holliman and Gentry Long that will create 140 new jobs over the next four years.
Monroe County will borrow $1.5 million from the Mississippi Development Authority’s (MDA’s) Capital Improvements Revolving Loan Program fund for the purchase of the former Advantage manufacturing facility in which HomeStretch’s operations will be located. Additionally, MDA provided $298,000 for improvements to the building, and the Appalachian Regional Commission provided $240,000, also for public building improvements.
“We have received great support from the City of Nettleton, Monroe County and several different economic development organizations in pulling this project together,” Holliman said.
HomeStretch will manufacture upholstered reclining furniture including chairs, sofas, loveseats and sectionals. Production at the facility is slated to begin by March 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “New furniture manufacturer to begin operations”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer