UnitedHealthcare prepares for CHIP
JACKSON — UnitedHealthcare of Mississippi will emphasize wellness and health promotion programs as it assumes responsibility Jan. 1 for the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) administered by the Mississippi Division of Medicaid (DOM).
Approximately 67,000 children currently enrolled in the program will transfer to UnitedHealthcare Jan. 1. Enrollment is through DOM, which determines eligibility for the program based on annual family income and age.
UnitedHealthcare of Mississippi will offer all eligible children access to a healthcare provider network that includes 133 hospitals and more than 9,600 healthcare professionals, including federally qualified health centers and rural health clinics. In addition to health promotion, services under the CHIP program will include medical and dental care, prescription medications and a 24/7 nurse line.
“We are reaching out to members, physicians and health care professionals, and community-based organizations to promote well-child checks, vaccinations and dental and vision screening,” said Joseph Blackston, M.D., medical director of UnitedHealthcare of Mississippi. “In addition, we will have disease management programs for children with conditions such as asthma and diabetes.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
4 Responses to “UnitedHealthcare prepares for CHIP”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Tallahatchie General’s listing on auditor’s ‘watchline’ an image set back, CEO says
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Ex-city worker arrested on false pretense charge
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Kelly Boutwell added, Jason Word promoted at MEC
- Cotton to take center stage during MSU summit
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy