Adams receives ACEC/MS award
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
The 2009 recipient of the American Council of Engineering Companies – Mississippi (ACEC/MS) Teddy Roosevelt Award is Judy Adams, executive director of ACEC/MS. The Teddy Roosevelt Award is given for distinguished service to the engineering profession in going the extra mile to improve conditions and the profession as a whole.
Adams has been the executive director of ACEC/MS for 15 years and is also its registered lobbyist. She graduated from Copiah Lincoln Community College and Belhaven College with a B.S. in business administration. Adams has served as councilwoman for the City of Brandon, on the Rankin First board and as a trustee in the Leadership Rankin Program. She is the past president of the Mississippi Society of Association Executives and past president of the Brandon Historical Society. Adams currently serves on the Local Governments and Rural Water Systems board, the board of the Mississippi Transportation Institute, the Finance Committee at Crossgates Baptist Church, and is active with the downtown Jackson Rotary Club. She has been married to her husband, Gerald, for 41 years, and they have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data