Adams receives ACEC/MS award
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
The 2009 recipient of the American Council of Engineering Companies – Mississippi (ACEC/MS) Teddy Roosevelt Award is Judy Adams, executive director of ACEC/MS. The Teddy Roosevelt Award is given for distinguished service to the engineering profession in going the extra mile to improve conditions and the profession as a whole.
Adams has been the executive director of ACEC/MS for 15 years and is also its registered lobbyist. She graduated from Copiah Lincoln Community College and Belhaven College with a B.S. in business administration. Adams has served as councilwoman for the City of Brandon, on the Rankin First board and as a trustee in the Leadership Rankin Program. She is the past president of the Mississippi Society of Association Executives and past president of the Brandon Historical Society. Adams currently serves on the Local Governments and Rural Water Systems board, the board of the Mississippi Transportation Institute, the Finance Committee at Crossgates Baptist Church, and is active with the downtown Jackson Rotary Club. She has been married to her husband, Gerald, for 41 years, and they have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center