Adams receives ACEC/MS award
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
The 2009 recipient of the American Council of Engineering Companies – Mississippi (ACEC/MS) Teddy Roosevelt Award is Judy Adams, executive director of ACEC/MS. The Teddy Roosevelt Award is given for distinguished service to the engineering profession in going the extra mile to improve conditions and the profession as a whole.
Adams has been the executive director of ACEC/MS for 15 years and is also its registered lobbyist. She graduated from Copiah Lincoln Community College and Belhaven College with a B.S. in business administration. Adams has served as councilwoman for the City of Brandon, on the Rankin First board and as a trustee in the Leadership Rankin Program. She is the past president of the Mississippi Society of Association Executives and past president of the Brandon Historical Society. Adams currently serves on the Local Governments and Rural Water Systems board, the board of the Mississippi Transportation Institute, the Finance Committee at Crossgates Baptist Church, and is active with the downtown Jackson Rotary Club. She has been married to her husband, Gerald, for 41 years, and they have three children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation