Cleland named chief medical officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Effective Jan. 1, Dr. William Cleland, associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), will become chief medical officer for University Hospitals and Health System. In this new position, Cleland will work with David Putt, UHHS interim CEO, to facilitate hospital initiatives and serve as a liaison to the medical staff. He will remain as medical director for risk management until a replacement is named. Cleland also will work closely with Janet Harris, chief nursing officer, and Dr. Michael Baumann, chief quality officer.
A graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Cleland completed an internship and residency at UMMC. He also completed a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology at the University of Texas Health Science Center. He joined UMMC in 2003.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring