Cleland named chief medical officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Effective Jan. 1, Dr. William Cleland, associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), will become chief medical officer for University Hospitals and Health System. In this new position, Cleland will work with David Putt, UHHS interim CEO, to facilitate hospital initiatives and serve as a liaison to the medical staff. He will remain as medical director for risk management until a replacement is named. Cleland also will work closely with Janet Harris, chief nursing officer, and Dr. Michael Baumann, chief quality officer.
A graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Cleland completed an internship and residency at UMMC. He also completed a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology at the University of Texas Health Science Center. He joined UMMC in 2003.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Gulf Coast's design studio teaches lessons on sustainability
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department