Cleland named chief medical officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Effective Jan. 1, Dr. William Cleland, associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), will become chief medical officer for University Hospitals and Health System. In this new position, Cleland will work with David Putt, UHHS interim CEO, to facilitate hospital initiatives and serve as a liaison to the medical staff. He will remain as medical director for risk management until a replacement is named. Cleland also will work closely with Janet Harris, chief nursing officer, and Dr. Michael Baumann, chief quality officer.
A graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Cleland completed an internship and residency at UMMC. He also completed a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology at the University of Texas Health Science Center. He joined UMMC in 2003.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'