Cleland named chief medical officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Effective Jan. 1, Dr. William Cleland, associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), will become chief medical officer for University Hospitals and Health System. In this new position, Cleland will work with David Putt, UHHS interim CEO, to facilitate hospital initiatives and serve as a liaison to the medical staff. He will remain as medical director for risk management until a replacement is named. Cleland also will work closely with Janet Harris, chief nursing officer, and Dr. Michael Baumann, chief quality officer.
A graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Cleland completed an internship and residency at UMMC. He also completed a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology at the University of Texas Health Science Center. He joined UMMC in 2003.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years