Cleland named chief medical officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Effective Jan. 1, Dr. William Cleland, associate professor of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), will become chief medical officer for University Hospitals and Health System. In this new position, Cleland will work with David Putt, UHHS interim CEO, to facilitate hospital initiatives and serve as a liaison to the medical staff. He will remain as medical director for risk management until a replacement is named. Cleland also will work closely with Janet Harris, chief nursing officer, and Dr. Michael Baumann, chief quality officer.
A graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Cleland completed an internship and residency at UMMC. He also completed a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology at the University of Texas Health Science Center. He joined UMMC in 2003.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player