Hilpert to lead SACS
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert was elected to the prestigious position of Chair of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges on Tuesday at the organization’s annual conference held in Atlanta. Hilpert joins former University of Mississippi chancellor Dr. Robert Khayat as the only representatives of Mississippi universities to hold the position with the educational accreditation agency.
He will assume the duties of chair in 2010 after serving as 2009 vice chair and having served on the 2008 Executive Council of the commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015