Hilpert to lead SACS
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert was elected to the prestigious position of Chair of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges on Tuesday at the organization’s annual conference held in Atlanta. Hilpert joins former University of Mississippi chancellor Dr. Robert Khayat as the only representatives of Mississippi universities to hold the position with the educational accreditation agency.
He will assume the duties of chair in 2010 after serving as 2009 vice chair and having served on the 2008 Executive Council of the commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs