New officers elected at Renasant
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Following a recent meeting of the board of directors of Renasant Bank, E. Robinson McGraw, chairman, CEO and president, announced the following officer elections: Stacy Spearman as senior vice president and director of Renasant Financial Services; Carrie Wood as vice president and Renasant Financial Services advisor; Derick Young as treasury management operations officer; and, Jerri Laney as human resources officer.
Spearman joined Renasant’s Retail Investment Division in 2000. He is responsible for managing the company’s system wide financial services division. Spearman is also a certified financial advisor serving many Renasant clients. Before joining Renasant, he worked for Met Life Insurance in New York.
Spearman received his B.B.A. in banking and finance from Ole Miss. He is also a graduate of the College for Financial Planning in Boulder, Col., and attended the Southeastern School of Commercial Lending at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn.
Wood recently joined Renasant as vice president and financial consultant for Renasant Financial Services. Prior to joining Renasant, Wood worked for another financial institution and has 18-plus years of banking and investment experience. In her new role, she will be responsible for serving the Tupelo, Amory, Booneville, Corinth, Oxford and Louisville markets.
Wood attended Ole Miss, graduating with a B.A. in biology. She holds Series 7, Series 66 and Life licenses and is an accredited asset management specialist.
Young has been with Renasant Bank since 2004, serving in the call center and treasury management operations areas. In his new role, Young will be responsible for the operations of several programs within Renasant’s Treasury Management Division and developing new treasury management services.
Young attended the University of Mississippi, graduating with a bachelor’s degree in marketing. He is also near completion of a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Ole Miss.
Laney has been with the Renasant Bank since 2007 and serves as a human resources representative. Prior to human resources, Laney worked in Renasant’s mortgage, leasing, loan recovery and audit departments. In her current position, Laney is responsible for maintaining the 401(k) plan, incentive planning and the salary/budgeting process.
Laney attended Mississippi State University, graduating with a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62