Watson named best tree farmer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Julian Watson has been named the 2009 Outstanding Tree Farmer of the Year by the Mississippi Forestry Association. Along with a plaque and other gifts, Watson was given an all-expense-paid trip to the 2010 National Tree Farm Convention.
Watson inherited the family farm, and immediately went to work to preserve the land in his native Holmes County. In 1997, he established the Holmes County Forestry Association.
Watson currently lives in Jackson and works with Prudential Financial.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41