Watson named best tree farmer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Julian Watson has been named the 2009 Outstanding Tree Farmer of the Year by the Mississippi Forestry Association. Along with a plaque and other gifts, Watson was given an all-expense-paid trip to the 2010 National Tree Farm Convention.
Watson inherited the family farm, and immediately went to work to preserve the land in his native Holmes County. In 1997, he established the Holmes County Forestry Association.
Watson currently lives in Jackson and works with Prudential Financial.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west