Watson named best tree farmer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Julian Watson has been named the 2009 Outstanding Tree Farmer of the Year by the Mississippi Forestry Association. Along with a plaque and other gifts, Watson was given an all-expense-paid trip to the 2010 National Tree Farm Convention.
Watson inherited the family farm, and immediately went to work to preserve the land in his native Holmes County. In 1997, he established the Holmes County Forestry Association.
Watson currently lives in Jackson and works with Prudential Financial.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions