Watson named best tree farmer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Julian Watson has been named the 2009 Outstanding Tree Farmer of the Year by the Mississippi Forestry Association. Along with a plaque and other gifts, Watson was given an all-expense-paid trip to the 2010 National Tree Farm Convention.
Watson inherited the family farm, and immediately went to work to preserve the land in his native Holmes County. In 1997, he established the Holmes County Forestry Association.
Watson currently lives in Jackson and works with Prudential Financial.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Events and Nominations