Watson named best tree farmer
by MBJ Staff
Published: December 21,2009
Julian Watson has been named the 2009 Outstanding Tree Farmer of the Year by the Mississippi Forestry Association. Along with a plaque and other gifts, Watson was given an all-expense-paid trip to the 2010 National Tree Farm Convention.
Watson inherited the family farm, and immediately went to work to preserve the land in his native Holmes County. In 1997, he established the Holmes County Forestry Association.
Watson currently lives in Jackson and works with Prudential Financial.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JACKSON JILTED —Southwest Airlines pulling up stakes and leaving Mississippi
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Gaming Commission gives nod to Coast city's first casino
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Aldermen review adult business ordinance, call public hearing
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn