Whitney Complex renovations complete
LORMAN — Those entering the gymnasium of the Davey L. Whitney complex at Alcorn State University (ASU) last week for the Lady Braves home opener against the Lady Cardinals-Lamar University, walked into a newly upgraded facility.
The renovation project started in Sept. 2009 and includes enhancements to the dressing/locker rooms, retractable bucket seating on the lower level, new goals and shot clocks. The wood bleachers on the upper level were also sanded down and refinished as part of the overall makeover.
The complex, named for Alcorn coach Davey “The Wiz” Whitney, was built in 1975 and houses the offices of the Department of Athletics and Health, Physical Education and Recreation. It features 21 classrooms, an Olympic-size swimming pool, two handball courts, a dance studio and a weight room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Whitney Complex renovations complete”
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- SPECIAL REPORT: Land may hold key to Jackson airport’s success
- Ex-judge disciplined, but not barred, by Supreme Court
- Gunn: State's GOP needs to heal after Senate primary battle
- Bank welcomes Little
- USM Foundation sees second-highest fundraising total in history
- SPECIAL REPORT: A savvy pro is sought for Jackson airport's CEO