Whitney Complex renovations complete
LORMAN — Those entering the gymnasium of the Davey L. Whitney complex at Alcorn State University (ASU) last week for the Lady Braves home opener against the Lady Cardinals-Lamar University, walked into a newly upgraded facility.
The renovation project started in Sept. 2009 and includes enhancements to the dressing/locker rooms, retractable bucket seating on the lower level, new goals and shot clocks. The wood bleachers on the upper level were also sanded down and refinished as part of the overall makeover.
The complex, named for Alcorn coach Davey “The Wiz” Whitney, was built in 1975 and houses the offices of the Department of Athletics and Health, Physical Education and Recreation. It features 21 classrooms, an Olympic-size swimming pool, two handball courts, a dance studio and a weight room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Whitney Complex renovations complete”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval