Whitney Complex renovations complete
LORMAN — Those entering the gymnasium of the Davey L. Whitney complex at Alcorn State University (ASU) last week for the Lady Braves home opener against the Lady Cardinals-Lamar University, walked into a newly upgraded facility.
The renovation project started in Sept. 2009 and includes enhancements to the dressing/locker rooms, retractable bucket seating on the lower level, new goals and shot clocks. The wood bleachers on the upper level were also sanded down and refinished as part of the overall makeover.
The complex, named for Alcorn coach Davey “The Wiz” Whitney, was built in 1975 and houses the offices of the Department of Athletics and Health, Physical Education and Recreation. It features 21 classrooms, an Olympic-size swimming pool, two handball courts, a dance studio and a weight room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Whitney Complex renovations complete”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state