Whitney Complex renovations complete
LORMAN — Those entering the gymnasium of the Davey L. Whitney complex at Alcorn State University (ASU) last week for the Lady Braves home opener against the Lady Cardinals-Lamar University, walked into a newly upgraded facility.
The renovation project started in Sept. 2009 and includes enhancements to the dressing/locker rooms, retractable bucket seating on the lower level, new goals and shot clocks. The wood bleachers on the upper level were also sanded down and refinished as part of the overall makeover.
The complex, named for Alcorn coach Davey “The Wiz” Whitney, was built in 1975 and houses the offices of the Department of Athletics and Health, Physical Education and Recreation. It features 21 classrooms, an Olympic-size swimming pool, two handball courts, a dance studio and a weight room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Whitney Complex renovations complete”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal