Whitney Complex renovations complete
LORMAN — Those entering the gymnasium of the Davey L. Whitney complex at Alcorn State University (ASU) last week for the Lady Braves home opener against the Lady Cardinals-Lamar University, walked into a newly upgraded facility.
The renovation project started in Sept. 2009 and includes enhancements to the dressing/locker rooms, retractable bucket seating on the lower level, new goals and shot clocks. The wood bleachers on the upper level were also sanded down and refinished as part of the overall makeover.
The complex, named for Alcorn coach Davey “The Wiz” Whitney, was built in 1975 and houses the offices of the Department of Athletics and Health, Physical Education and Recreation. It features 21 classrooms, an Olympic-size swimming pool, two handball courts, a dance studio and a weight room.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Whitney Complex renovations complete”
Top Posts & Pages
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending