Kidz World cuts plant’s ribbon
CALHOUN CITY — Officials from Kidz World Furniture, manufacturer of upholstered children’s furniture, recently celebrated its grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at its 120,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Calhoun City.
Kidz World was started in Aug. 2009 and has since grown to 50 employees. The company’s facility is now fully-operational, producing approximately 3,000 pieces of furniture each week. The new company represents a $200,000 investment by company owner A.D. Blount.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided Calhoun City with $95,000 in Rural Impact Funds to assist with public improvements for this project.
Kidz World Furniture manufactures children’s furniture with licensed logos from professional and college sports teams, Mossy Oak brand camouflage and Nickelodeon cartoon characters, including Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob Squarepants. Kidz World is a sister company to Med-Life and Mobility Inc., which is also owned by Blount, and produces lift chairs and adjustable beds for both the medical and furniture industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation