Kidz World cuts plant’s ribbon
CALHOUN CITY — Officials from Kidz World Furniture, manufacturer of upholstered children’s furniture, recently celebrated its grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at its 120,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Calhoun City.
Kidz World was started in Aug. 2009 and has since grown to 50 employees. The company’s facility is now fully-operational, producing approximately 3,000 pieces of furniture each week. The new company represents a $200,000 investment by company owner A.D. Blount.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided Calhoun City with $95,000 in Rural Impact Funds to assist with public improvements for this project.
Kidz World Furniture manufactures children’s furniture with licensed logos from professional and college sports teams, Mossy Oak brand camouflage and Nickelodeon cartoon characters, including Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob Squarepants. Kidz World is a sister company to Med-Life and Mobility Inc., which is also owned by Blount, and produces lift chairs and adjustable beds for both the medical and furniture industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions