Kidz World cuts plant’s ribbon
CALHOUN CITY — Officials from Kidz World Furniture, manufacturer of upholstered children’s furniture, recently celebrated its grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at its 120,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Calhoun City.
Kidz World was started in Aug. 2009 and has since grown to 50 employees. The company’s facility is now fully-operational, producing approximately 3,000 pieces of furniture each week. The new company represents a $200,000 investment by company owner A.D. Blount.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided Calhoun City with $95,000 in Rural Impact Funds to assist with public improvements for this project.
Kidz World Furniture manufactures children’s furniture with licensed logos from professional and college sports teams, Mossy Oak brand camouflage and Nickelodeon cartoon characters, including Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob Squarepants. Kidz World is a sister company to Med-Life and Mobility Inc., which is also owned by Blount, and produces lift chairs and adjustable beds for both the medical and furniture industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal