Kidz World cuts plant’s ribbon
CALHOUN CITY — Officials from Kidz World Furniture, manufacturer of upholstered children’s furniture, recently celebrated its grand opening with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at its 120,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Calhoun City.
Kidz World was started in Aug. 2009 and has since grown to 50 employees. The company’s facility is now fully-operational, producing approximately 3,000 pieces of furniture each week. The new company represents a $200,000 investment by company owner A.D. Blount.
The Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) provided Calhoun City with $95,000 in Rural Impact Funds to assist with public improvements for this project.
Kidz World Furniture manufactures children’s furniture with licensed logos from professional and college sports teams, Mossy Oak brand camouflage and Nickelodeon cartoon characters, including Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob Squarepants. Kidz World is a sister company to Med-Life and Mobility Inc., which is also owned by Blount, and produces lift chairs and adjustable beds for both the medical and furniture industries.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- County surveyor accused of doing unlicensed work, fraud
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Brandon biometrics firm merges fingerprinting and smartphones
- With tar balls still common, some question end of oil spill cleanup
- Madison doctor explores JFK assassination in chilling thriller
- Ingalls lands another, $76.8M Coast Guard cutter
- Woman charged with murder in second buttocks-enhancement case